Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
By Maha Yacine • September 7, 2015
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty.
After figs season is over, I will be trying the same tart with other fruits and jams! For this recipe, you will need 6 individual round tartlet tins and parchment paper.
- 8 piece figs (cut in 4 chunks each) - تين
- 250 gram short crust pastry - عجينة شورت كرست
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 100 gram butter - زبدة
- 100 gram almond flour (around 1 cup) - دقيق اللوز
- 1 pack vanilla (powder) - فانيليا
Step by step
- First, sprinkle the fig chunks with the vanilla powder and set aside.
- To prepare the almond cream, mix the butter, sugar and almond flour until creamy.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour, then roll out the thawed short crust pastry. Divide the pastry into 6 rectangles that are big enough to cover the individual tart tins (including the edges).
- Line every tin with parchment paper then use your fingers to press the dough firmly into the round tins and around the edges. To trim the excess dough, simply roll the rolling pin over the top of the tins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spread a layer of almond cream over each of the six pastries, followed by the fig slices, making sure both layers are as high as tins' edges.
- Place the round pastries in the oven for 30 to 35 until the dough is golden. Leave the tarts to cool, then carefully remove from the tins and serve.
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity....
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]