Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
By Maha Yacine • September 7, 2015
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty.
After figs season is over, I will be trying the same tart with other fruits and jams! For this recipe, you will need 6 individual round tartlet tins and parchment paper.
- 8 piece figs (cut in 4 chunks each) - تين
- 250 gram short crust pastry - عجينة شورت كرست
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 100 gram butter - زبدة
- 100 gram almond flour (around 1 cup) - دقيق اللوز
- 1 pack vanilla (powder) - فانيليا
Step by step
- First, sprinkle the fig chunks with the vanilla powder and set aside.
- To prepare the almond cream, mix the butter, sugar and almond flour until creamy.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour, then roll out the thawed short crust pastry. Divide the pastry into 6 rectangles that are big enough to cover the individual tart tins (including the edges).
- Line every tin with parchment paper then use your fingers to press the dough firmly into the round tins and around the edges. To trim the excess dough, simply roll the rolling pin over the top of the tins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spread a layer of almond cream over each of the six pastries, followed by the fig slices, making sure both layers are as high as tins' edges.
- Place the round pastries in the oven for 30 to 35 until the dough is golden. Leave the tarts to cool, then carefully remove from the tins and serve.
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]