Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
By Maha Yacine • September 7, 2015
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty.
After figs season is over, I will be trying the same tart with other fruits and jams! For this recipe, you will need 6 individual round tartlet tins and parchment paper.
- 8 piece figs (cut in 4 chunks each) - تين
- 250 gram short crust pastry - عجينة شورت كرست
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 100 gram butter - زبدة
- 100 gram almond flour (around 1 cup) - دقيق اللوز
- 1 pack vanilla (powder) - فانيليا
Step by step
- First, sprinkle the fig chunks with the vanilla powder and set aside.
- To prepare the almond cream, mix the butter, sugar and almond flour until creamy.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour, then roll out the thawed short crust pastry. Divide the pastry into 6 rectangles that are big enough to cover the individual tart tins (including the edges).
- Line every tin with parchment paper then use your fingers to press the dough firmly into the round tins and around the edges. To trim the excess dough, simply roll the rolling pin over the top of the tins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spread a layer of almond cream over each of the six pastries, followed by the fig slices, making sure both layers are as high as tins' edges.
- Place the round pastries in the oven for 30 to 35 until the dough is golden. Leave the tarts to cool, then carefully remove from the tins and serve.
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Balsamic glaze is a thick balsamic vinegar reduction that is great for salads, grilled veggies,...
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and Syria on hot summer days or after a heavy meal. So easy to prepare in individual cups in a couple of minutes. You can also use date molasses for a different taste.