Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
By Salma El Hayawan • September 30, 2015
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to prepare salad, is not only yummy but also healthy and filling.
- 2 handful arugula - جرجير
- 2 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 6 slice figs - تين
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 1/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 1/4 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, simply mix the iceberg lettuce and the arugula in a salad bowl. Add sliced figs and pomegranates on top, and mix together.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add the dressing to the salad right before serving.
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini! It can also be a big hit in a small gathering. I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish for everyday as well as for fancy dinner parties. It is very simple yet full of mouthwatering flavors and colors. The delicious addition of honey-glazed walnuts elevates the salad into something absolutely elegant. This salad was inspired by a simple recipe […]