Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
By Salma El Hayawan • September 30, 2015
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to prepare salad, is not only yummy but also healthy and filling.
- 2 handful arugula - جرجير
- 2 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 6 slice figs - تين
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate - رمان
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 1/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 1/4 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, simply mix the iceberg lettuce and the arugula in a salad bowl. Add sliced figs and pomegranates on top, and mix together.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add the dressing to the salad right before serving.
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother's dessert table. As children, we used to...
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.