Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
By Salma El Hayawan • September 30, 2015
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to prepare salad, is not only yummy but also healthy and filling.
- 2 handful arugula - جرجير
- 2 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 6 slice figs - تين
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 1/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 1/4 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, simply mix the iceberg lettuce and the arugula in a salad bowl. Add sliced figs and pomegranates on top, and mix together.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add the dressing to the salad right before serving.
Traditional Rice Me'ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and...
Cranberry & Almond Bread
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the...
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]