Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
By Najla Moussa • September 4, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This salad was tested in the CairoCooking test kitchen and the result: Yummy! It's sweet, crunchy yet light! While the almonds add some nuttiness, the raisins bring a sweet dimension to this all time classic. If you try this no-mayo dressing, you might never want to eat the mayo coleslaw again. We added 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard instead of the recommended 2 tablespoons since we felt it might be too strong - it worked for us. Therefore we advise to add the Dijon gradually and taste as you go!
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw mix (you can find it at larger supermarkets) or shred a bunch of carrots, red and white cabbage. Add some almonds and raisins and this healthy dressing below.
- 1 pack Coleslaw salad pack (OR shredded carrots, red and white cabbage to taste) - (كيس سلطة الكرنب (الكول سلو
- 2 handful almonds (peeled & sliced) - لوز
- 1 handful raisins - زبيب
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 cup corn oil - زيت ذرة
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar - خل حمض تفاح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 3/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
Step by step
- Add the sliced almonds & raisins to the packed coleslaw mix or mix of shredded carrots, red and white cabbage.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients then pour over the coleslaw. Et voila!
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is...
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!