Farmer’s Brunch Omelet
By yasmine • May 17, 2015
Last time I was visiting Germany, I ate this amazing Bauernkartoffeleier – an omelet specialty of Bavaria, the southern region of Germany. It was such a wholesome meal, that I decided to duplicate at home since it seemed so easy and delicious for a Friday brunch or just a regular family breakfast or dinner. It can be tweaked with onions and tomatoes – but I decided to share the basic one I tasted and loved! As most German cooking, this omelet has bacon bits – so I replaced it with beef bacon or any salami you like. You can also replace the chive with minced parsley.
- 6 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 tablespoon water - ماء
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) - جبنة بارميزان
- drop Tabasco (optional) - صوص تباسكو
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced) - بطاطس
- 50 gram salami (OR beef bacon OR turkey bacon - diced) - سالامي
- 2 tablespoon chives (chopped) - ورق بصل
- pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Melt the butter then add the olive oil into a large pan. Fry the potato slices on medium heat for 10 minutes or until one side is golden.
- In the meantime, mix the eggs with the cream, water, parmesan and Tabasco in a medium bowl. If you won’t use Parmesan, make sure you add a good pinch of salt.
- Add the bacon bits to the potato to fry for a minute and flip the potato slices so you can see the golden side. Make sure to spread the potatoes to one layer before you add the egg mix.
- Make sure the egg mix is spread all over the pan in a thin layer and the potato slices are well distributed in between.
- Add fresh pepper as it cooks then add the minced chives 2 minutes before you take it off the heat (it should take 10 minutes all in all).
- You can serve it once it is cooked or you can flip the omelet on the other side for a minute before doing so – the chives will get a bit of colour.
- Serve with the chives and golden potato side up to show off the beautiful color of the combination.
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Garlic & Vinegar Slow-Cooked Lamb: Lamb Vindaloo
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com. Easy and...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]