Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
By Loai Emad • February 24, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com.
Easy and quick Shrimp pasta with a twist.
- 2 piece garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 cup pasta - معكرونة
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 handful eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 handful cilantro - كزبرة
- 6 piece shrimp - جمبري
- 1 cup tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 cup corn oil - زيت ذرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook pasta as per pack directions.
- In the meantime, fry eggplant cubes in hot corn oil for about 3-4 minutes or until slightly golden. Drain eggplants over kitchen paper from excess oil and set aside.
- Heat a stir-fry pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Add minced garlic. Before it turns yellow, add shrimps and cook for about 3 minutes before adding tomato sauce and fried eggplants. Bring mix to a boil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped cilantro and let the whole mix simmer for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the tomato mix, give it a final stir to combine and serve warm.
Traditional Kolkas with Green Herbs
I can't imagine any Egyptian growing up not eating Kolkas! Even my husband, who was never a fan of...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Caramel Cheesecake Topped with Chocolate Shavings
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Homemade rich...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]