Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
By Hebba • January 16, 2016
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect winter treat with a cup of coffee. Not to mention it saves us the trip (and the calories) to getting McDonald’s infamous apple pie!
- 2 apples (peeled and thinly sliced) - تفاح
- 6-8 puff pastry (the ready square sheets) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 1/2 cup sugar (or honey) - سكر
- 1/2 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 egg ( to brush puff pastry) - بيضة
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (to sprinkle on top) - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, all spice, orange juice and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes so the flavours combine.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a clean surface. Add some of the apple mixture in the middle of each puff pastry (leaving the juices in the bowl).
- Fold the puff pastries to create triangles. Close each puff pastry tightly using a fork (by pressing it on the sides of the triangles).
- Brush the triangles with the beaten egg.
- Place the pastries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top before serving.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Baked Chips with Blue Cheese Topping
الوصفة بالعربي This is such a simple (and quick!) crowd pleaser... everyone will...
Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]