Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
By Hebba • January 16, 2016
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect winter treat with a cup of coffee. Not to mention it saves us the trip (and the calories) to getting McDonald’s infamous apple pie!
- 2 apples (peeled and thinly sliced) - تفاح
- 6-8 puff pastry (the ready square sheets) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 1/2 cup sugar (or honey) - سكر
- 1/2 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 egg ( to brush puff pastry) - بيضة
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (to sprinkle on top) - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, all spice, orange juice and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes so the flavours combine.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a clean surface. Add some of the apple mixture in the middle of each puff pastry (leaving the juices in the bowl).
- Fold the puff pastries to create triangles. Close each puff pastry tightly using a fork (by pressing it on the sides of the triangles).
- Brush the triangles with the beaten egg.
- Place the pastries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top before serving.
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
A sweet and juicy bread base is covered with a thick layer of creamy milk pudding, flavoured with...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]