Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
By Hebba • January 16, 2016
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect winter treat with a cup of coffee. Not to mention it saves us the trip (and the calories) to getting McDonald’s infamous apple pie!
- 2 apples (peeled and thinly sliced) - تفاح
- 6-8 puff pastry (the ready square sheets) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 1/2 cup sugar (or honey) - سكر
- 1/2 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 egg ( to brush puff pastry) - بيضة
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (to sprinkle on top) - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, all spice, orange juice and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes so the flavours combine.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a clean surface. Add some of the apple mixture in the middle of each puff pastry (leaving the juices in the bowl).
- Fold the puff pastries to create triangles. Close each puff pastry tightly using a fork (by pressing it on the sides of the triangles).
- Brush the triangles with the beaten egg.
- Place the pastries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top before serving.
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of...
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]