Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The creaminess of the Melting Cashew Cheese against the crispiness of the tortilla and the lusciousness of the tomato puree is an amazing base to a successful healthy pizza.
Make sure to use fresh tomato puree and lots of nutritious toppings like veggies (cherry tomatoes, colored peppers, zucchini), greens (here we used parsley) and olives.
- 1 large tortilla bread (preferably multigrain) - خبز التورتيلا
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese - جبنة الكاجو
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1 tablespoon oregano (finely chopped) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon black olives (chopped) - زيتون أسود
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 handful basil (chopped OR parsley) - ريحان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line oven tray with parchment paper.
- Stir minced garlic, oregano, salt & pepper into the tomato puree.
- Spread tomato puree mix onto the tortilla. Next, layer cashew cream by dropping teaspoons spread all over the pizza. Then, top the pizza with all of your desired toppings.
- Place it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, just until tomato puree cooks a bit and cashew cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil or parsley as you desire.
Fennel & Potato Soup – the ultimate winter warm up!
The warmth of the potato creaminess and the crispiness of the fennel as well as its subtle...
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite...
Poached Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Bored of traditional eggs; here is an easy and healthy recipe for breakfast: Poached Eggs with...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]