Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The creaminess of the Melting Cashew Cheese against the crispiness of the tortilla and the lusciousness of the tomato puree is an amazing base to a successful healthy pizza.
Make sure to use fresh tomato puree and lots of nutritious toppings like veggies (cherry tomatoes, colored peppers, zucchini), greens (here we used parsley) and olives.
- 1 large tortilla bread (preferably multigrain) - خبز التورتيلا
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese - جبنة الكاجو
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1 tablespoon oregano (finely chopped) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon black olives (chopped) - زيتون أسود
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 handful basil (chopped OR parsley) - ريحان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line oven tray with parchment paper.
- Stir minced garlic, oregano, salt & pepper into the tomato puree.
- Spread tomato puree mix onto the tortilla. Next, layer cashew cream by dropping teaspoons spread all over the pizza. Then, top the pizza with all of your desired toppings.
- Place it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, just until tomato puree cooks a bit and cashew cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil or parsley as you desire.
Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut...
Buttery & Easy Homemade Ghorayeba
This buttery Ghorayeba (traditional Eid cookies) is relatively easy to achieve at home. It is...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]