Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The creaminess of the Melting Cashew Cheese against the crispiness of the tortilla and the lusciousness of the tomato puree is an amazing base to a successful healthy pizza.
Make sure to use fresh tomato puree and lots of nutritious toppings like veggies (cherry tomatoes, colored peppers, zucchini), greens (here we used parsley) and olives.
- 1 large tortilla bread (preferably multigrain) - خبز التورتيلا
- 4 tablespoon cashew cheese - جبنة الكاجو
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1 tablespoon oregano (finely chopped) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon black olives (chopped) - زيتون أسود
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1/2 handful basil (chopped OR parsley) - ريحان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line oven tray with parchment paper.
- Stir minced garlic, oregano, salt & pepper into the tomato puree.
- Spread tomato puree mix onto the tortilla. Next, layer cashew cream by dropping teaspoons spread all over the pizza. Then, top the pizza with all of your desired toppings.
- Place it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, just until tomato puree cooks a bit and cashew cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil or parsley as you desire.
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]