Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy veggies… Serve it with glass noodles or white Basmati Rice.
- 500 gram shrimp (medium peeled) - جمبري
- 3 large carrots (thinnly sliced) - جزر
- 3 large zucchini (thinnly sliced) - كوسة
- 1 cup spring onion (sliced diagonally) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 cm piece, grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 6 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 4 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the wok or pan, add garlic, ginger and chopped red hot chili pepper (if using any), and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimps and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the shrimps is cooked through (it will turn pink). Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps. oil and add the carrots, zucchini and spring onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and its juices.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and juice of one lemon and cook until heated through.
- Serve with white basmati rice or glass noodles. (Glass noodles is soaked in hot boiling water from the kettle for 3 minutes or until nice and soft, then water is drained and you have ready noodles.)
- Optional: You may toast 1 tsp. sesame seeds and sprinkle on top if you fancy the sesame taste and aroma. Sesame seeds are toasted in a dry pan over low-medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. You need to be present and shake the pan occasionally so they don’t burn.
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Baked Chicken Meatballs with Quinoa & Oats
الوصفه بالعربي From 12 months. These baked chicken quinoa meatballs are low in fat...
Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking's Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]