Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy veggies… Serve it with glass noodles or white Basmati Rice.
- 500 gram shrimp (medium peeled) - جمبري
- 3 large carrots (thinnly sliced) - جزر
- 3 large zucchini (thinnly sliced) - كوسة
- 1 cup spring onion (sliced diagonally) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 cm piece, grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 6 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 4 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the wok or pan, add garlic, ginger and chopped red hot chili pepper (if using any), and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimps and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the shrimps is cooked through (it will turn pink). Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps. oil and add the carrots, zucchini and spring onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and its juices.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and juice of one lemon and cook until heated through.
- Serve with white basmati rice or glass noodles. (Glass noodles is soaked in hot boiling water from the kettle for 3 minutes or until nice and soft, then water is drained and you have ready noodles.)
- Optional: You may toast 1 tsp. sesame seeds and sprinkle on top if you fancy the sesame taste and aroma. Sesame seeds are toasted in a dry pan over low-medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. You need to be present and shake the pan occasionally so they don’t burn.
No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Bechamel
This Cheesy Spinach Bechamel recipe is fast, easy and perfect for everyday when you don’t have...
Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]