Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy veggies… Serve it with glass noodles or white Basmati Rice.
- 500 gram shrimp (medium peeled) - جمبري
- 3 large carrots (thinnly sliced) - جزر
- 3 large zucchini (thinnly sliced) - كوسة
- 1 cup spring onion (sliced diagonally) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 cm piece, grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 6 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 4 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the wok or pan, add garlic, ginger and chopped red hot chili pepper (if using any), and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimps and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the shrimps is cooked through (it will turn pink). Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps. oil and add the carrots, zucchini and spring onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and its juices.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and juice of one lemon and cook until heated through.
- Serve with white basmati rice or glass noodles. (Glass noodles is soaked in hot boiling water from the kettle for 3 minutes or until nice and soft, then water is drained and you have ready noodles.)
- Optional: You may toast 1 tsp. sesame seeds and sprinkle on top if you fancy the sesame taste and aroma. Sesame seeds are toasted in a dry pan over low-medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. You need to be present and shake the pan occasionally so they don’t burn.
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]