Easy Shrimp Curry
By shahdan • October 16, 2015
This shrimp curry is not only flavoursome and rich, but it is also super healthy… With very basic ingredients, you can prepare this exotic dish at home.
- 500 gram shrimp (peeled or peeled & tail-on) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 4 medium garlic clove (crushed or finely chopped) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 6 small tomatoes - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional) - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful coriander - كزبرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 medium red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
Step by step
- First, chop the tomatoes and transfer them into a blender, together with the tomato paste (for a richer tomato colour). Blend carefully with small short intervals. Do not over-blend, you should still have tomato chunks because this is what will give the sauce its thick consistency. Set aside.
- To prepare your veggies, cut the green onions diagonally into thin strips, and chop a handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, add the chopped onion, followed by the ginger and garlic, and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the shrimps and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. If using chili peppers, add a few finely chopped slices.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the shrimps are cooked through. (Make sure not to overcook the shrimps.)
- Add the spring onions and the chopped fresh coriander, and leave to simmer for another 2 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper before you serve! Garnish with more coriander leaves.
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Baked Kofta Rolls
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. It's a very easy...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.