Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids craving for more. Even those who are not big fans of boiled eggs, will love this creamy organic egg salad sandwich and will not believe it does not contain any mayo.
Tip: Use the same recipe to make a healthy creamy egg salad dip for friends and family get-togethers!
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 1 medium avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon labna - لبنة
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 brown toast - توست أسمر
Step by step
- To boil the eggs: Bring water to the boil, then carefully drop the eggs in the water and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold water, peel and let it cool for a few minutes then slice them into circles.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes and squeeze lime juice on top.
- Using a fork, mix the sliced hard-boiled eggs with avocado cubes and Labna. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Using a bread knife, slice 4 medium-thick bread slices. Arrange arugula on top of 2 slices and generously add the egg salad paste on top. Garnish with paprika and add the 2 other bread slices on top.
Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas...
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Freekeh Vegetable Soup
The Freekeh Vegetable Soup is healthy, filling and delicious. Freekeh is full of nutritious...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]