Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids craving for more. Even those who are not big fans of boiled eggs, will love this creamy organic egg salad sandwich and will not believe it does not contain any mayo.
Tip: Use the same recipe to make a healthy creamy egg salad dip for friends and family get-togethers!
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 1 medium avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon labna - لبنة
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 brown toast - توست أسمر
Step by step
- To boil the eggs: Bring water to the boil, then carefully drop the eggs in the water and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold water, peel and let it cool for a few minutes then slice them into circles.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes and squeeze lime juice on top.
- Using a fork, mix the sliced hard-boiled eggs with avocado cubes and Labna. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Using a bread knife, slice 4 medium-thick bread slices. Arrange arugula on top of 2 slices and generously add the egg salad paste on top. Garnish with paprika and add the 2 other bread slices on top.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a...
Roast Beef On The Stove
There are several ways to do a roast beef - some people prefer putting it in the oven while others...
The Perfectly Roasted Quail
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]