Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids craving for more. Even those who are not big fans of boiled eggs, will love this creamy organic egg salad sandwich and will not believe it does not contain any mayo.
Tip: Use the same recipe to make a healthy creamy egg salad dip for friends and family get-togethers!
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 1 medium avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon labna - لبنة
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 brown toast - توست أسمر
Step by step
- To boil the eggs: Bring water to the boil, then carefully drop the eggs in the water and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold water, peel and let it cool for a few minutes then slice them into circles.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes and squeeze lime juice on top.
- Using a fork, mix the sliced hard-boiled eggs with avocado cubes and Labna. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Using a bread knife, slice 4 medium-thick bread slices. Arrange arugula on top of 2 slices and generously add the egg salad paste on top. Garnish with paprika and add the 2 other bread slices on top.
Green Caviar Dip
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend's gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe...
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]