Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 300 gram mushrooms (wiped clean & sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 4 tablespoon water - ماء
- 250 ml cooking cream (1 cup) - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful basil OR parsley - ريحان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken on both sides until golden but not cooked through.
- Transfer to oven-dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat remaining oil in the same pan and add sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook on high heat while stirring occasionally until golden. Lower heat and add minced garlic and oregano. Cook for another minute.
- Add water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan (release all the flavourful brown bits stuck in the pan.)
- Add cream, mustard, and let it all simmer on low heat (don't let the cream boil). Return the cooked chicken fillets. Add cheese, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with fresh fragrant basil leaves and serve immediately.
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not...
Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete. A super easy &...
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]