Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 300 gram mushrooms (wiped clean & sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 4 tablespoon water - ماء
- 250 ml cooking cream (1 cup) - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful basil OR parsley - ريحان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken on both sides until golden but not cooked through.
- Transfer to oven-dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat remaining oil in the same pan and add sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook on high heat while stirring occasionally until golden. Lower heat and add minced garlic and oregano. Cook for another minute.
- Add water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan (release all the flavourful brown bits stuck in the pan.)
- Add cream, mustard, and let it all simmer on low heat (don't let the cream boil). Return the cooked chicken fillets. Add cheese, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with fresh fragrant basil leaves and serve immediately.
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat... and all you really...
Light Vegetarian Moussaka
A simple meatless version of our classic Moussaka. The homemade tomato sauce tastes divine with a...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]