Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
- 4 large chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 300 gram mushrooms (wiped clean & sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 4 tablespoon water - ماء
- 250 ml cooking cream (1 cup) - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful basil OR parsley - ريحان
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook chicken on both sides until golden but not cooked through.
- Transfer to oven-dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat remaining oil in the same pan and add sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook on high heat while stirring occasionally until golden. Lower heat and add minced garlic and oregano. Cook for another minute.
- Add water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan (release all the flavourful brown bits stuck in the pan.)
- Add cream, mustard, and let it all simmer on low heat (don't let the cream boil). Return the cooked chicken fillets. Add cheese, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with fresh fragrant basil leaves and serve immediately.
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]