Colourful Easter Pancakes
By ahmed abouelkassem • April 20, 2016
Easter is almost here and here is an easy colorful pancakes breakfast for such an occasion.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 1 cup milk - لبن
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
Step by step
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl for 2 minutes using an electric mixer or 5 minutes if you are going to mix with a hand (non-electric) mixer.
- Divide the batter into 3 different bowls.
- In every single bowl, put the food coloring you prefer and mix with a spoon for about one minute till the colour combines with the batter.
- Place the bowls in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool.
- Prepare your pan by spraying it with nonstick butter spray, or some vegetable oil. Keep the heat on low.
- Using a ladle add a thin layer of pancake batter to the pan. Turn the pancakes on the other side when they start turning golden and you see some air bubbles starting to appear in the middle.
- You can serve it with chocolate and strawberries.
Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they're getting a treat! Its...
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]