Date & Almond Qatayef
By yasmine • January 29, 2018
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving.
For the sugar syrup recipe click here.
- 1/2 kg Qatayef - قطايف
- 20 dates (use smaller dates like Rotab or Sagei) - بلح
- 100g almonds (whole unpeeled) - لوز
- 2 cup frying oil - زيت للقلي
- 1.5 cup sugar syrup - شربات - قطر
Step by step
- Deseed dates and replace the seeds with a piece of almond inside the date.
- Put one filled date inside each Qatayef and close it tightly.
- In the meantime heat the frying oil. It will need about 5 minutes on medium heat to reach the heat required for frying. If you drop one Qatayef piece and it doesn't sizzle straight away, then you will need to wait a bit longer to achieve crispy yet gooey Qatayef.
- After frying move them onto a prepared tray covered with kitchen paper to soak the excess oil for a minute. Then move the hot Qatayef into a bowl of sugar syrup (at room tempreture).
- Stir the Qatayef in the syrup then move them to the serving dish. You can dust them with some cinnamon if you prefer before serving immediately.
الوصفة بالعربي A fun and tasty dessert Recipe uploaded by Dina...
Red Pepper Hummus Wrap
Turn CairoCooking's super healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus dip into a kid- friendly lunch box...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]