Daim Double Chocolate Cake
By Marigo Gharbawy • July 5, 2015
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try the new oven my dad bought us in Sokhna. I was bored on a family vacation when my friends told me about a boat trip the next day. So I decided I need to bake something to take with me. I was going through the pantry to see what flavors I will use, it went from salted caramel to dark chocolate orange cake and ended up to Daim double chocolate cake. The cake has a crisp cover but when you cut into it you see a soft layer with mini daims that explode in your mouth as a result of the natural union formed between the melted chocolate and caramel.
150 g of daim chocolate is needed
- 2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 1/4 cup chocolate powder - كاكاو
- 3/4 cup milk - لبن
- 1/3 cup oil - زيت
- 2 egg - بيضة
- 150 gram DAIM chocolate - شيكولاته دايم
- 2 tablespoon cream - قشطة
- 1 tablespoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee - قهوة سريعة التحضير
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
Step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. In a small bowl, put the chocolate (keep one bar aside for decoration) and the cream and microwave it for 30 seconds until melted. Whisk it (at first it will feel like they are not blending but don’t worry they will). You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate if you do not have a microwave.
- In a medium bowl, whisk and combine flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate powder and instant coffee.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until combined and creamy then add the oil and milk. Give it another stir to combine and finally add the melted chocolate and whisk.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture while whisking to combine.
- Pour into a well buttered baking pan and make a add mini Daim pieces on top. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or when an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer on a cooling rack, slice and enjoy.
Classic Spinach Soup
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich...
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.