Daim Double Chocolate Cake
By Marigo Gharbawy • July 5, 2015
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try the new oven my dad bought us in Sokhna. I was bored on a family vacation when my friends told me about a boat trip the next day. So I decided I need to bake something to take with me. I was going through the pantry to see what flavors I will use, it went from salted caramel to dark chocolate orange cake and ended up to Daim double chocolate cake. The cake has a crisp cover but when you cut into it you see a soft layer with mini daims that explode in your mouth as a result of the natural union formed between the melted chocolate and caramel.
150 g of daim chocolate is needed
- 2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup sugar - سكر
- 1/4 cup chocolate powder - كاكاو
- 3/4 cup milk - لبن
- 1/3 cup oil - زيت
- 2 egg - بيضة
- 150 gram DAIM chocolate - شيكولاته دايم
- 2 tablespoon cream - قشطة
- 1 tablespoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee - قهوة سريعة التحضير
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
Step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. In a small bowl, put the chocolate (keep one bar aside for decoration) and the cream and microwave it for 30 seconds until melted. Whisk it (at first it will feel like they are not blending but don’t worry they will). You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate if you do not have a microwave.
- In a medium bowl, whisk and combine flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate powder and instant coffee.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until combined and creamy then add the oil and milk. Give it another stir to combine and finally add the melted chocolate and whisk.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture while whisking to combine.
- Pour into a well buttered baking pan and make a add mini Daim pieces on top. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or when an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer on a cooling rack, slice and enjoy.
Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
الوصفة بالعربي The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to...
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best...this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so...
Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth,...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]