Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and tangy dressing. You can throw it together in 5 minutes and enjoy it as a full dinner.
- 2 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (handtorn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula - جرجير
- 2 cucumber (peeled and cut in half circles) - خيار
- 3 tablespoon capers (drained) - حب الكبر
- 4 sprig rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can also mix it with the oil from the tuna) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, use your hands to tear lettuce and arugula leaves. Add the sliced cucumbers and dress it with a tablespoon of the dressing.
- Add the smoked tuna meat followed by the capers and chopped rosemary. Add the rest of the dressing and serve.
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
الوصفه بالعربي Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade...
Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwich
If you are a blue cheese lover, there's a high chance that this sandwich will become your new...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]