Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and tangy dressing. You can throw it together in 5 minutes and enjoy it as a full dinner.
- 2 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (handtorn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula - جرجير
- 2 cucumber (peeled and cut in half circles) - خيار
- 3 tablespoon capers (drained) - حب الكبر
- 4 sprig rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can also mix it with the oil from the tuna) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, use your hands to tear lettuce and arugula leaves. Add the sliced cucumbers and dress it with a tablespoon of the dressing.
- Add the smoked tuna meat followed by the capers and chopped rosemary. Add the rest of the dressing and serve.
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
Traditional Kahk – Egyptian Festive Cookies
Egyptian Eid cookies or what we call "kahk" is a dessert that is usually baked in happy occasions...
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]