Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and tangy dressing. You can throw it together in 5 minutes and enjoy it as a full dinner.
- 2 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (handtorn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula - جرجير
- 2 cucumber (peeled and cut in half circles) - خيار
- 3 tablespoon capers (drained) - حب الكبر
- 4 sprig rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can also mix it with the oil from the tuna) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, use your hands to tear lettuce and arugula leaves. Add the sliced cucumbers and dress it with a tablespoon of the dressing.
- Add the smoked tuna meat followed by the capers and chopped rosemary. Add the rest of the dressing and serve.
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted...
Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]