Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and tangy dressing. You can throw it together in 5 minutes and enjoy it as a full dinner.
- 2 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (handtorn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula - جرجير
- 2 cucumber (peeled and cut in half circles) - خيار
- 3 tablespoon capers (drained) - حب الكبر
- 4 sprig rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can also mix it with the oil from the tuna) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, use your hands to tear lettuce and arugula leaves. Add the sliced cucumbers and dress it with a tablespoon of the dressing.
- Add the smoked tuna meat followed by the capers and chopped rosemary. Add the rest of the dressing and serve.
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese...
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]