Crunchy French Fries with a Kick
By Nawara Moftah • July 17, 2015
With little twists like soaking in vinegar and seasoning with paprika, these traditional fries are transformed. This recipe is from Kahka’s article: Summer Barbecue Inspiration from a Grilling Fanatic
- 4 large potatoes (peeled & shredded like typical thin french fries) - بطاطس
- 1/2 cup vinegar - خل
- 4 cup water - ماء
- sunflower oil (for frying) - زيت عباد الشمس
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- paprika (to taste) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Mix the water with vinegar then place the shredded potato in it. It should be left for half hour before starting to fry.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the potatoes in batches. Place the fried potatoes on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle salt and some paprika on the French fries. It will give the potatoes an extra taste.
Mustard & Rosemary Roasted Beef Fillet
This is such an easy recipe that it became a staple in our homes. The meat turns out tender...
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Traditional Kahk – Egyptian Festive Cookies
Egyptian Eid cookies or what we call "kahk" is a dessert that is usually baked in happy occasions...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new favourite crowd pleaser, as well as an everyday guilt-free dip for those late-night cravings.
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.