Crispy & Creamy Avocado Fries
By May Yacoubi • February 25, 2016
These avocado fingers are creamy from the inside and crunchy from the outside and the dip is to die for!
It is a perfect party appetizer as well as a fun side dish to any protein.
This recipe is by Chef May Yacoubi.
- 2 avocado (ripe yet firm ) - أفوكادو
- 2 eggs (beaten) - بيض
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- vegetable oil (for frying) - زيت نباتي
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- handful coriander - كزبرة
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, lemon zest, cumin, salt and paprika. Set aside.
- Peel avocados, cut in half and deseed. Then slice them vertically making wedges. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and season with salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. I love using a Chinese wok as the avocado will not need more than 2 minutes to cook and the wok transfers the heat really fast making them really crunchy with a nice golden color without being soggy.
- Coat avocado wedges with breadcrumbs making sure it is all covered. Dip them in the beaten eggs and put them back in the breadcrumbs mixture to coat more.
- Fry coated avocado wedges for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Once golden, take them out and put them on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes.
- Serve the wedges in a flat serving tray and with Coriander Lemon Dipping Sauce.
- For the Coriander Lemon Dipping Sauce: Blend mayonnaise, chopped coriander, lime juice and garlic until smooth and creamy in texture, and the dip is vibrant green.
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With...
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.