Crispy & Creamy Avocado Fries
By May Yacoubi • February 25, 2016
These avocado fingers are creamy from the inside and crunchy from the outside and the dip is to die for!
It is a perfect party appetizer as well as a fun side dish to any protein.
This recipe is by Chef May Yacoubi.
- 2 avocado (ripe yet firm ) - أفوكادو
- 2 eggs (beaten) - بيض
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- vegetable oil (for frying) - زيت نباتي
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- handful coriander - كزبرة
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, lemon zest, cumin, salt and paprika. Set aside.
- Peel avocados, cut in half and deseed. Then slice them vertically making wedges. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and season with salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. I love using a Chinese wok as the avocado will not need more than 2 minutes to cook and the wok transfers the heat really fast making them really crunchy with a nice golden color without being soggy.
- Coat avocado wedges with breadcrumbs making sure it is all covered. Dip them in the beaten eggs and put them back in the breadcrumbs mixture to coat more.
- Fry coated avocado wedges for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Once golden, take them out and put them on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes.
- Serve the wedges in a flat serving tray and with Coriander Lemon Dipping Sauce.
- For the Coriander Lemon Dipping Sauce: Blend mayonnaise, chopped coriander, lime juice and garlic until smooth and creamy in texture, and the dip is vibrant green.
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just...
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.