Crispy & Creamy Avocado Fries
By May Yacoubi • February 25, 2016
These avocado fingers are creamy from the inside and crunchy from the outside and the dip is to die for!
It is a perfect party appetizer as well as a fun side dish to any protein.
This recipe is by Chef May Yacoubi.
- 2 avocado (ripe yet firm ) - أفوكادو
- 2 eggs (beaten) - بيض
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- vegetable oil (for frying) - زيت نباتي
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- handful coriander - كزبرة
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, lemon zest, cumin, salt and paprika. Set aside.
- Peel avocados, cut in half and deseed. Then slice them vertically making wedges. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and season with salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. I love using a Chinese wok as the avocado will not need more than 2 minutes to cook and the wok transfers the heat really fast making them really crunchy with a nice golden color without being soggy.
- Coat avocado wedges with breadcrumbs making sure it is all covered. Dip them in the beaten eggs and put them back in the breadcrumbs mixture to coat more.
- Fry coated avocado wedges for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Once golden, take them out and put them on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes.
- Serve the wedges in a flat serving tray and with Coriander Lemon Dipping Sauce.
- For the Coriander Lemon Dipping Sauce: Blend mayonnaise, chopped coriander, lime juice and garlic until smooth and creamy in texture, and the dip is vibrant green.
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.