Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
By yasmine • March 18, 2016
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It is crispy on the outside, and rich & creamy on the inside. It makes an ideal vegetable dish at dinner parties next to meat or fish.
- 1-1.5 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- 2 cup broccoli (small florets) - بروكلى
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 2 cup milk (preferably skimmed) - لبن
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 slice toast (OR 2 small buns) - توست
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- In a food processor, pulse the bread slices with olive oil for a minute. It should turn into chunky crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In large saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add flour and stir until combined - about a 1 minute. Stir in the milk slowly making sure to dissolve the flour lumps in the process. Season generoulsy with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Adjust heat to medium in order to bring the whole mix to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets, reduce heat again and cover for about 10 minutes. The mixture will become creamy with semi-cooked broccoli and cauliflower.
- Transfer to a 20x20cm baking dish or pyrex. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top followed by grated parmesan.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for another 15 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden. Serve warm next to rice and protein.
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
The Ultimate Veteran Burger
الوصفة بالعربي A 200 gram beef burger patty between two special buns of only egg...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]