Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
By yasmine • March 18, 2016
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It is crispy on the outside, and rich & creamy on the inside. It makes an ideal vegetable dish at dinner parties next to meat or fish.
- 1-1.5 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- 2 cup broccoli (small florets) - بروكلى
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 2 cup milk (preferably skimmed) - لبن
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 slice toast (OR 2 small buns) - توست
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- In a food processor, pulse the bread slices with olive oil for a minute. It should turn into chunky crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In large saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add flour and stir until combined - about a 1 minute. Stir in the milk slowly making sure to dissolve the flour lumps in the process. Season generoulsy with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Adjust heat to medium in order to bring the whole mix to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets, reduce heat again and cover for about 10 minutes. The mixture will become creamy with semi-cooked broccoli and cauliflower.
- Transfer to a 20x20cm baking dish or pyrex. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top followed by grated parmesan.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for another 15 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden. Serve warm next to rice and protein.
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
الوصفة بالعربي A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new...
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.