Creamy Turmeric Chicken
By shahdan • April 14, 2015
This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to cook it on busy days because it’s very easy and does not need sophisticated ingredients. And most importantly, my kids love it! They like to eat it with yellow turmeric basmati rice. Turmeric Basmati Rice
- 500 gram chicken breast -preferably cut into strips - صدور دجاج
- 125 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 small bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 3 sprig coriander - to garnish - كزبرة
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. (The longer the better, but if you're in a hurry, it's ok to rub the chicken really well with the spices.)
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and sprinkle the turmeric over the chicken pieces… cook the chicken on both sides till golden and almost cooked through.
- Add the cooking cream and the bay leaf and leave to simmer for 5 minutes over a very low heat.
- Adjust the salt and pepper and you may need to add another sprinkle of turmeric for a stronger flavour. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with yellow basmati rice.
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Traditional Foul BelKhalta
الوصفة بالعربي This traditional foul belKhalta is a family favourite recipe, that we...
Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they're getting a treat! Its...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.