Creamy Turmeric Chicken
By shahdan • April 14, 2015
This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to cook it on busy days because it’s very easy and does not need sophisticated ingredients. And most importantly, my kids love it! They like to eat it with yellow turmeric basmati rice. Turmeric Basmati Rice
- 500 gram chicken breast -preferably cut into strips - صدور دجاج
- 125 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 small bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 3 sprig coriander - to garnish - كزبرة
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. (The longer the better, but if you're in a hurry, it's ok to rub the chicken really well with the spices.)
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and sprinkle the turmeric over the chicken pieces… cook the chicken on both sides till golden and almost cooked through.
- Add the cooking cream and the bay leaf and leave to simmer for 5 minutes over a very low heat.
- Adjust the salt and pepper and you may need to add another sprinkle of turmeric for a stronger flavour. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with yellow basmati rice.
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best...this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so...
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Traditional Foul BelKhalta
الوصفة بالعربي This traditional foul belKhalta is a family favourite recipe, that we...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.