Creamy Turmeric Chicken
By shahdan • April 14, 2015
This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to cook it on busy days because it’s very easy and does not need sophisticated ingredients. And most importantly, my kids love it! They like to eat it with yellow turmeric basmati rice. Turmeric Basmati Rice
- 500 gram chicken breast -preferably cut into strips - صدور دجاج
- 125 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 small bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 3 sprig coriander - to garnish - كزبرة
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. (The longer the better, but if you're in a hurry, it's ok to rub the chicken really well with the spices.)
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and sprinkle the turmeric over the chicken pieces… cook the chicken on both sides till golden and almost cooked through.
- Add the cooking cream and the bay leaf and leave to simmer for 5 minutes over a very low heat.
- Adjust the salt and pepper and you may need to add another sprinkle of turmeric for a stronger flavour. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with yellow basmati rice.
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
No-Mayo Pasta Salad
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours...
Guacamole: Chunky Avocado Spread & Dip
الوصفة بالعربي This avocado dip is chunky and full of flavour! It can stay up to 2...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]