Classic Spinach Soup
By shahdan • January 9, 2016
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich flavours.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 400 gram spinach (leaves) - سبانخ
- 1 liter vegetable stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 4 cups of hot water) - مرقة خضار
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste) - جوزة الطيب
- 1/4 cup cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions and the garlic on low heat, until soft.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix with the onions for a minute before you add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and leave to simmer on medium to low heat for 10- 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and nutmeg. Adjust salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes, then serve.
Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
الوصفة بالعربي This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with...
Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
الوصفة بالعربي A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new...
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]