Classic Spinach Soup
By shahdan • January 9, 2016
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich flavours.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 400 gram spinach (leaves) - سبانخ
- 1 liter vegetable stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 4 cups of hot water) - مرقة خضار
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste) - جوزة الطيب
- 1/4 cup cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions and the garlic on low heat, until soft.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix with the onions for a minute before you add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and leave to simmer on medium to low heat for 10- 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and nutmeg. Adjust salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes, then serve.
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Beram Freekeh & Meat Cubes
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is traditionally done with so-called rice pasta (Lessan...
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Whether it's your child's packed lunch or your own, make sure it's healthy and wholesome! It is...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]