Classic Spinach Soup
By shahdan • January 9, 2016
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich flavours.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 400 gram spinach (leaves) - سبانخ
- 1 liter vegetable stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 4 cups of hot water) - مرقة خضار
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste) - جوزة الطيب
- 1/4 cup cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions and the garlic on low heat, until soft.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix with the onions for a minute before you add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and leave to simmer on medium to low heat for 10- 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and nutmeg. Adjust salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes, then serve.
Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The...
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]