Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
By shahdan • April 25, 2017
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach enriches the dish, while corn adds a fun twist, mostly appreciated by kids.
Chicken Mushroom is a perfect cook-ahead dish, because the rich creamy sauce keeps the chicken soft and moist. Gently re-heat before serving and enjoy a hassle-free & delicious chicken dish.
To enjoy the rich creamy sauce, serve the chicken with white rice and a simple salad on the side.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet (each fillet sliced into two thinner steaks) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (diced) - بصلة
- 250 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (500 ml) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 100 ml cooking cream (about half cup) - كريم الطهي
- 4 tablespoon sweet corn (frozen or from can) - ذرة حلوه
- 1 handful spinach (thinly shredded) - سبانخ
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) - قشر الليمون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken on both sides on high heat until golden but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pot on medium-low heat. Sauté diced onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and garlic, season with salt, pepper and oregano, and leave to cook for another 2 minutes. Add flour and stir gently.
- Stir in warm stock and mustard then return the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add cream, corn and spinach and let it simmer. Sprinkle with lemon zest and extra fresh spinach to garnish and serve warm.
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It...
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]