Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
By shahdan • April 25, 2017
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach enriches the dish, while corn adds a fun twist, mostly appreciated by kids.
Chicken Mushroom is a perfect cook-ahead dish, because the rich creamy sauce keeps the chicken soft and moist. Gently re-heat before serving and enjoy a hassle-free & delicious chicken dish.
To enjoy the rich creamy sauce, serve the chicken with white rice and a simple salad on the side.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet (each fillet sliced into two thinner steaks) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (diced) - بصلة
- 250 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (500 ml) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 100 ml cooking cream (about half cup) - كريم الطهي
- 4 tablespoon sweet corn (frozen or from can) - ذرة حلوه
- 1 handful spinach (thinly shredded) - سبانخ
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) - قشر الليمون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken on both sides on high heat until golden but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pot on medium-low heat. Sauté diced onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and garlic, season with salt, pepper and oregano, and leave to cook for another 2 minutes. Add flour and stir gently.
- Stir in warm stock and mustard then return the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add cream, corn and spinach and let it simmer. Sprinkle with lemon zest and extra fresh spinach to garnish and serve warm.
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Feel-Good Artichoke Soup
Loaded with artichokes, peas and carrots, this soup is the ultimate comfort soup. The dill adds a...
Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets,...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.