Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
By shahdan • April 25, 2017
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach enriches the dish, while corn adds a fun twist, mostly appreciated by kids.
Chicken Mushroom is a perfect cook-ahead dish, because the rich creamy sauce keeps the chicken soft and moist. Gently re-heat before serving and enjoy a hassle-free & delicious chicken dish.
To enjoy the rich creamy sauce, serve the chicken with white rice and a simple salad on the side.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet (each fillet sliced into two thinner steaks) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (diced) - بصلة
- 250 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (500 ml) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 100 ml cooking cream (about half cup) - كريم الطهي
- 4 tablespoon sweet corn (frozen or from can) - ذرة حلوه
- 1 handful spinach (thinly shredded) - سبانخ
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) - قشر الليمون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken on both sides on high heat until golden but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pot on medium-low heat. Sauté diced onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and garlic, season with salt, pepper and oregano, and leave to cook for another 2 minutes. Add flour and stir gently.
- Stir in warm stock and mustard then return the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add cream, corn and spinach and let it simmer. Sprinkle with lemon zest and extra fresh spinach to garnish and serve warm.
Buttery & Easy Ghorayeba
This buttery Ghorayeba (traditional Eid cookies) is relatively easy to achieve at home. It is...
Rustic Cheese Tart
This cheese tart makes a sophisticated yet easy entertaining dish that you can prepare and bake...
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]