Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
By shahdan • April 25, 2017
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach enriches the dish, while corn adds a fun twist, mostly appreciated by kids.
Chicken Mushroom is a perfect cook-ahead dish, because the rich creamy sauce keeps the chicken soft and moist. Gently re-heat before serving and enjoy a hassle-free & delicious chicken dish.
To enjoy the rich creamy sauce, serve the chicken with white rice and a simple salad on the side.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet (each fillet sliced into two thinner steaks) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (diced) - بصلة
- 250 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (500 ml) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 100 ml cooking cream (about half cup) - كريم الطهي
- 4 tablespoon sweet corn (frozen or from can) - ذرة حلوه
- 1 handful spinach (thinly shredded) - سبانخ
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) - قشر الليمون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken on both sides on high heat until golden but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pot on medium-low heat. Sauté diced onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and garlic, season with salt, pepper and oregano, and leave to cook for another 2 minutes. Add flour and stir gently.
- Stir in warm stock and mustard then return the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add cream, corn and spinach and let it simmer. Sprinkle with lemon zest and extra fresh spinach to garnish and serve warm.
Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers' markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.