Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
By shahdan • April 25, 2017
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach enriches the dish, while corn adds a fun twist, mostly appreciated by kids.
Chicken Mushroom is a perfect cook-ahead dish, because the rich creamy sauce keeps the chicken soft and moist. Gently re-heat before serving and enjoy a hassle-free & delicious chicken dish.
To enjoy the rich creamy sauce, serve the chicken with white rice and a simple salad on the side.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet (each fillet sliced into two thinner steaks) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (diced) - بصلة
- 250 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (500 ml) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 100 ml cooking cream (about half cup) - كريم الطهي
- 4 tablespoon sweet corn (frozen or from can) - ذرة حلوه
- 1 handful spinach (thinly shredded) - سبانخ
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) - قشر الليمون
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken on both sides on high heat until golden but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pot on medium-low heat. Sauté diced onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and garlic, season with salt, pepper and oregano, and leave to cook for another 2 minutes. Add flour and stir gently.
- Stir in warm stock and mustard then return the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Five minutes before taking it off the heat, add cream, corn and spinach and let it simmer. Sprinkle with lemon zest and extra fresh spinach to garnish and serve warm.
Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
الوصفة بالعربي Add a fragrant twist to this all time...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]