Cranberry & Almond Bread
By yasmine • March 5, 2015
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the easiest bread recipe you’ll find and it’ll wow people around you to the extent that you will never want to share the recipe!
You can also make it your own by replacing the cranberries and almonds with any chopped dried fruit or nuts – or do without! It will still be amazing.
You can serve it with jam, nut butters or cream like a scone.
This recipe yields 5- 6 pieces.
- 1/2 cup flour (all purpose) - دقيق
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour - دقيق أسمر
- 1 cup sour cream (at room temprature) - قشدة حامضة
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- pinch salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries (or raisins) - التوت البري المجفف
- 2 tablespoon almonds (shaved or chopped) - لوز
- 6 teaspoon quick oats (optional) - شوفان سريع التحضير
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line your baking flat tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt. Then add the sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Soak the cranberry in hot water for 10 minutes, squeeze the water out of them with your hands, then stir them into the batter along with the almonds. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Put dollops of batter (about a heaped tablespoon) on the tray leaving some space in between. Garnish with a teaspoon of quick oats on top before putting placing it in the oven.
- Let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Then let it cool for 10 minutes before moving it into your favourite breadbasket.
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]