Cranberry & Almond Bread
By yasmine • March 5, 2015
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the easiest bread recipe you’ll find and it’ll wow people around you to the extent that you will never want to share the recipe!
You can also make it your own by replacing the cranberries and almonds with any chopped dried fruit or nuts – or do without! It will still be amazing.
You can serve it with jam, nut butters or cream like a scone.
This recipe yields 5- 6 pieces.
- 1/2 cup flour (all purpose) - دقيق
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour - دقيق أسمر
- 1 cup sour cream (at room temprature) - قشدة حامضة
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- pinch salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries (or raisins) - التوت البري المجفف
- 2 tablespoon almonds (shaved or chopped) - لوز
- 6 teaspoon quick oats (optional) - شوفان سريع التحضير
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line your baking flat tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt. Then add the sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Soak the cranberry in hot water for 10 minutes, squeeze the water out of them with your hands, then stir them into the batter along with the almonds. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Put dollops of batter (about a heaped tablespoon) on the tray leaving some space in between. Garnish with a teaspoon of quick oats on top before putting placing it in the oven.
- Let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Then let it cool for 10 minutes before moving it into your favourite breadbasket.
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]