Classical Rice Pudding
By shahdan • June 26, 2016
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy, it will melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup rice - أرز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 3 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 4 tablespoon cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (to taste) - قرفة
Step by step
- Place the rice and water in a pot over medium heat and allow to boil. When it boils lower the heat and leave to simmer uncovered until rice is cooked and water is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes - like you would regularly cook rice).
- Mix the corn flour and sugar with the cold milk, making sure all corn flour is dissolved.
- Add milk mixture to the rice and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until milk thickens (about 10 minutes). Make sure to keep stirring so that rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot and keep the heat on low, so the milk does not burn either.
- When milk thickens, take the pot off heat and add the cream. (Note: milk will thicken further when refrigerated). Gently stir until all cream is dissolved and well combined.
- Pour the rice pudding in one serving bowl or divide into 4 to 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool then place it in the fridge, when it reaches room temperature, for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve cold after you garnish with your favourite nuts, cinnamon or fresh fruits.
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers' markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring...
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]