Classical Rice Pudding
By shahdan • June 26, 2016
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy, it will melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup rice - أرز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 3 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 4 tablespoon cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (to taste) - قرفة
Step by step
- Place the rice and water in a pot over medium heat and allow to boil. When it boils lower the heat and leave to simmer uncovered until rice is cooked and water is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes - like you would regularly cook rice).
- Mix the corn flour and sugar with the cold milk, making sure all corn flour is dissolved.
- Add milk mixture to the rice and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until milk thickens (about 10 minutes). Make sure to keep stirring so that rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot and keep the heat on low, so the milk does not burn either.
- When milk thickens, take the pot off heat and add the cream. (Note: milk will thicken further when refrigerated). Gently stir until all cream is dissolved and well combined.
- Pour the rice pudding in one serving bowl or divide into 4 to 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool then place it in the fridge, when it reaches room temperature, for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve cold after you garnish with your favourite nuts, cinnamon or fresh fruits.
Baked Sweet Potato Fish Pie
From 9 months. My kids started eating fish at 8 and 9 months but every doctor has a different...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is...
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]