Classical Rice Pudding
By shahdan • June 26, 2016
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy, it will melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup rice - أرز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 3 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 4 tablespoon cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (to taste) - قرفة
Step by step
- Place the rice and water in a pot over medium heat and allow to boil. When it boils lower the heat and leave to simmer uncovered until rice is cooked and water is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes - like you would regularly cook rice).
- Mix the corn flour and sugar with the cold milk, making sure all corn flour is dissolved.
- Add milk mixture to the rice and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until milk thickens (about 10 minutes). Make sure to keep stirring so that rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot and keep the heat on low, so the milk does not burn either.
- When milk thickens, take the pot off heat and add the cream. (Note: milk will thicken further when refrigerated). Gently stir until all cream is dissolved and well combined.
- Pour the rice pudding in one serving bowl or divide into 4 to 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool then place it in the fridge, when it reaches room temperature, for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve cold after you garnish with your favourite nuts, cinnamon or fresh fruits.
Blue Cheese Roasted Figs
Figs season is here and its time to get creative! This is a great sweet and sour recipe for those...
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Arugula Eggplant Salad
Here's what I love about this arugula eggplant salad: it looks and tastes fancy, yet doesn't...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.