Classic Mushroom Soup
By shahdan • April 1, 2015
A classic soup that always pleases the crowd…
- 500 gram mushrooms (use fresh mushroom for best result) - عش الغراب
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or a mix between olive oil and butter) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1 liter vegetable stock (around 4 cups) - مرقة خضار
- 4 stick celery (optional) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean your mushrooms using a clean wet towel or kitchen paper then chop into slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot then add the sliced onions, sliced celery sticks (if using any) and sauté until both are a little soft. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until mushrooms have absorbed all their juices. Remove 2 tbsps. of mushroom and set aside.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with flour and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and leave to simmer over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the extra mushroom. Add the cream, the nutmeg and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with lemon zest and oregano.
Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they're getting a treat! Its...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Triple Cheese & Mint Sambousak
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make of it what you like. We use three cheeses to make...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter! If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water […]
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best…this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so heart-warmingly delicious. The flavours are deep and intense without the need to use any stock. With lots of veggies and wholesome lentils, it ensures that you and your family are getting the right nutrients! It will surely become your new favourite winter-warmer!