Classic Mushroom Soup
By shahdan • April 1, 2015
A classic soup that always pleases the crowd…
- 500 gram mushrooms (use fresh mushroom for best result) - عش الغراب
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or a mix between olive oil and butter) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1 liter vegetable stock (around 4 cups) - مرقة خضار
- 4 stick celery (optional) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean your mushrooms using a clean wet towel or kitchen paper then chop into slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot then add the sliced onions, sliced celery sticks (if using any) and sauté until both are a little soft. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until mushrooms have absorbed all their juices. Remove 2 tbsps. of mushroom and set aside.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with flour and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and leave to simmer over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the extra mushroom. Add the cream, the nutmeg and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with lemon zest and oregano.
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
Such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.