Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
By shahdan • June 25, 2016
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it gives it its super silky & smooth texture. Whether you eat it plain, keep it classic with a garnish of nuts, or top it with your favourite fruits (our favourite is fresh mango) and mint, this is a summer dessert that all your family will love!
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 4 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 170 gram cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- fruits (to taste) - فواكه
Step by step
- In a pot, whisk corn flour with cold milk making sure the corn flour dissolves. Stir in sugar and stir again (off the heat).
- Place the same pot on medium/low heat and whisk continuously until milk thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- Take it off the heat, add cream and stir gently until cream is well combined with the Mahalabeya.
- Pour the mixture in one serving bowl, or 4- 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool and place it in the fridge when Mahalabeya reaches room temperature.
- Garnish with nuts, fresh fruits like mango & mint. Serve cold.
A sweet and juicy bread base is covered with a thick layer of creamy milk pudding, flavoured with...
Delicious Low-Calorie Carrot Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Almost 390...
Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]