Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
By shahdan • June 25, 2016
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it gives it its super silky & smooth texture. Whether you eat it plain, keep it classic with a garnish of nuts, or top it with your favourite fruits (our favourite is fresh mango) and mint, this is a summer dessert that all your family will love!
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 4 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 170 gram cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- fruits (to taste) - فواكه
Step by step
- In a pot, whisk corn flour with cold milk making sure the corn flour dissolves. Stir in sugar and stir again (off the heat).
- Place the same pot on medium/low heat and whisk continuously until milk thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- Take it off the heat, add cream and stir gently until cream is well combined with the Mahalabeya.
- Pour the mixture in one serving bowl, or 4- 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool and place it in the fridge when Mahalabeya reaches room temperature.
- Garnish with nuts, fresh fruits like mango & mint. Serve cold.
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today's super seed:...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.