Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
By shahdan • June 25, 2016
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it gives it its super silky & smooth texture. Whether you eat it plain, keep it classic with a garnish of nuts, or top it with your favourite fruits (our favourite is fresh mango) and mint, this is a summer dessert that all your family will love!
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 4 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 170 gram cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- fruits (to taste) - فواكه
Step by step
- In a pot, whisk corn flour with cold milk making sure the corn flour dissolves. Stir in sugar and stir again (off the heat).
- Place the same pot on medium/low heat and whisk continuously until milk thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- Take it off the heat, add cream and stir gently until cream is well combined with the Mahalabeya.
- Pour the mixture in one serving bowl, or 4- 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool and place it in the fridge when Mahalabeya reaches room temperature.
- Garnish with nuts, fresh fruits like mango & mint. Serve cold.
Avocado Orange Green Salad
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad - great for avocado season! The...
Poached Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Bored of traditional eggs; here is an easy and healthy recipe for breakfast: Poached Eggs with...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat... and all you really...
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]