Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
By shahdan • June 25, 2016
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it gives it its super silky & smooth texture. Whether you eat it plain, keep it classic with a garnish of nuts, or top it with your favourite fruits (our favourite is fresh mango) and mint, this is a summer dessert that all your family will love!
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 4 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 170 gram cream - قشطة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- fruits (to taste) - فواكه
Step by step
- In a pot, whisk corn flour with cold milk making sure the corn flour dissolves. Stir in sugar and stir again (off the heat).
- Place the same pot on medium/low heat and whisk continuously until milk thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- Take it off the heat, add cream and stir gently until cream is well combined with the Mahalabeya.
- Pour the mixture in one serving bowl, or 4- 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool and place it in the fridge when Mahalabeya reaches room temperature.
- Garnish with nuts, fresh fruits like mango & mint. Serve cold.
Baked Rice Meatballs (Koftet-Rozz)
الوصفه بالعربي Rice meatballs is the kind of food that both, kids as well as grown...
Mini Konafa Cups
These mini Konafa cups are so easy to prepare and just optimal for small gatherings. You can...
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]