Classic Egyptian Belila
By shahdan • January 10, 2016
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort food!
- 250 gram barley wheat - قمح
- 4 cup milk - لبن
- sugar (OR honey to taste) - سكر
- nuts (almonds, cashews or coconut & raisins) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (optional - to taste) - قرفة
Step by step
- Wash the wheat, cover generously with water, and soak for 12 hours or overnight.
- Discard the water, rinse with fresh water, then place the wheat in a deep pot. Cover with water and cook for 45 minutes or until the belila wheat is soft.
- To serve, only add hot milk and sugar or honey to the needed amount of belila wheat and sprinkle with nuts and cinnamon.
- Store the remaining belila wheat in its water in the fridge.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Thai Shrimp Curry
Easy, exotic, and heavenly... Cook this dish to wow your guests or to treat your loved ones with...
Freekeh Vegetable Soup
The Freekeh Vegetable Soup is healthy, filling and delicious. Freekeh is full of nutritious...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]