Yummy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
By shahdan • November 11, 2015
This is a super cheerful breakfast for fun family mornings!
These chocolate chip pancakes are super delicious when eaten warm, but are equally good cold, which makes them perfect for a lunchbox snack as well, paired with fresh fruits.
This recipe yields 10-12 small pancakes.
- 1 cup self-rising flour (available in the flour section in most supermarkets) - دقيق بالخميرة
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 1 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk - لبن
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
Step by step
- Mix the flour with the salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add an egg and half the milk.
- Whisk the milk and egg together while gradually mixing with the flour from around the edges.
- Add the rest of the milk gradually and whisk until you reach a lump-free, relatively thick batter.
- Brush a good non-stick frying pan with 1 tsp. oil and place over medium heat.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan, one spoon per pancake. Make sure to space them well apart.
- Use your hand to sprinkle some chocolate chips on the still wet pancake dough.
- When bubbles appear from the sides, flip the pancakes over and let them cook for another minute, then remove from the pan and set side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]