Yummy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
By shahdan • November 11, 2015
This is a super cheerful breakfast for fun family mornings!
These chocolate chip pancakes are super delicious when eaten warm, but are equally good cold, which makes them perfect for a lunchbox snack as well, paired with fresh fruits.
This recipe yields 10-12 small pancakes.
- 1 cup self-rising flour (available in the flour section in most supermarkets) - دقيق بالخميرة
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 1 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk - لبن
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips - قطع شوكولاتة صغيرة
Step by step
- Mix the flour with the salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add an egg and half the milk.
- Whisk the milk and egg together while gradually mixing with the flour from around the edges.
- Add the rest of the milk gradually and whisk until you reach a lump-free, relatively thick batter.
- Brush a good non-stick frying pan with 1 tsp. oil and place over medium heat.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan, one spoon per pancake. Make sure to space them well apart.
- Use your hand to sprinkle some chocolate chips on the still wet pancake dough.
- When bubbles appear from the sides, flip the pancakes over and let them cook for another minute, then remove from the pan and set side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they're getting a treat! Its...
The Perfectly Roasted Quail
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do...
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Kofta Panee is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely for […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]