Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
By Salma El Hayawan • January 28, 2016
A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you’re cooking for two, but also impressive for your guests.
- 500 gram chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 4-5 piece pickled lemon - ليمون معصفر
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks green onions - بصل أخضر
- 1 handful raisins - زبيب
- 1 handful pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 box garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron - زعفران
- 1/4 cup water - ماء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon flour - دقيق
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
Step by step
- Cut each chicken fillet into 3 strips. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a large pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add minced garlic then chicken strips and stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add hot water, salt, sliced lemons and chopped green onions. Let it mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking cream, saffron, half the raisins and half the pine nuts. Place the pan in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Toast remaining pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat for two minutes. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and pine nuts just before serving. Serve warm next to rice.
Green Caviar Dip
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend's gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe...
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]