Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
By Salma El Hayawan • January 28, 2016
A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you’re cooking for two, but also impressive for your guests.
- 500 gram chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 4-5 piece pickled lemon - ليمون معصفر
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks green onions - بصل أخضر
- 1 handful raisins - زبيب
- 1 handful pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 box garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron - زعفران
- 1/4 cup water - ماء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon flour - دقيق
- 1 box salt - ملح
Step by step
- Cut each chicken fillet into 3 strips. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a large pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add minced garlic then chicken strips and stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add hot water, salt, sliced lemons and chopped green onions. Let it mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking cream, saffron, half the raisins and half the pine nuts. Place the pan in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Toast remaining pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat for two minutes. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and pine nuts just before serving. Serve warm next to rice.
Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel
الوصفة بالعربي No matter how many pumpkin recipes we try, the Egyptian traditional...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Fennel & Potato Soup – the ultimate winter warm up!
The warmth of the potato creaminess and the crispiness of the fennel as well as its subtle...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.