Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
By Salma El Hayawan • January 28, 2016
A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you’re cooking for two, but also impressive for your guests.
- 500 gram chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 4-5 piece pickled lemon - ليمون معصفر
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks green onions - بصل أخضر
- 1 handful raisins - زبيب
- 1 handful pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 box garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron - زعفران
- 1/4 cup water - ماء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon flour - دقيق
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
Step by step
- Cut each chicken fillet into 3 strips. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a large pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add minced garlic then chicken strips and stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add hot water, salt, sliced lemons and chopped green onions. Let it mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking cream, saffron, half the raisins and half the pine nuts. Place the pan in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Toast remaining pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat for two minutes. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and pine nuts just before serving. Serve warm next to rice.
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It's...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]