Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
By Salma El Hayawan • January 28, 2016
A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you’re cooking for two, but also impressive for your guests.
- 500 gram chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 4-5 piece pickled lemon - ليمون معصفر
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 stalks green onions - بصل أخضر
- 1 handful raisins - زبيب
- 1 handful pine nuts - صنوبر
- 2 box garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron - زعفران
- 1/4 cup water - ماء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon flour - دقيق
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
Step by step
- Cut each chicken fillet into 3 strips. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a large pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add minced garlic then chicken strips and stir-fry until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add hot water, salt, sliced lemons and chopped green onions. Let it mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking cream, saffron, half the raisins and half the pine nuts. Place the pan in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Toast remaining pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat for two minutes. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and pine nuts just before serving. Serve warm next to rice.
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
الوصفة بالعربي Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small...
Luscious White Chocolate Lava Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-pan.com This cake...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]