Chicken Meatballs & Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti
By Reeham Shaker • March 3, 2016
It is a rich meal full of hidden veggies! The meatballs on their own could be used in kids lunchboxes to take to school or as a snack in between the meals. This meal is easy to prepare and takes around 30 minutes to have it ready.
Recipe uploaded by Reeham Shaker.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast (minced) - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 cup zucchini (grated and dried well with kitchen towel) - كوسة
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (red and yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced) - بقدونس
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 pack pasta (cooked spaghetti) - معكرونة
- For the sauce:
- 2 cup cauliflower (steamed) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- To prepare the meatballs, mix chicken with zucchini, parsley and bell pepper. Add the all seasoning ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Use your hands to make meatballs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with vegetable oil. Arrange the meatballs on the tray and bake (covered with foil) at 200C for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Arrange the meatballs over the cooked spaghetti.
- To prepare the Cauliflower Alfredo sauce, blend the steamed cauliflower with milk and cream cheese in a food processor.
- Stir in hot chicken broth, mozzarella, soy sauce, salt and oregano. Mix until well- combined. Serve the sauce over the meatballs and spaghetti.
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]