Chicken Meatballs & Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti
By Reeham Shaker • March 3, 2016
It is a rich meal full of hidden veggies! The meatballs on their own could be used in kids lunchboxes to take to school or as a snack in between the meals. This meal is easy to prepare and takes around 30 minutes to have it ready.
Recipe uploaded by Reeham Shaker.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast (minced) - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 cup zucchini (grated and dried well with kitchen towel) - كوسة
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (red and yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced) - بقدونس
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 pack pasta (cooked spaghetti) - معكرونة
- For the sauce:
- 2 cup cauliflower (steamed) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- To prepare the meatballs, mix chicken with zucchini, parsley and bell pepper. Add the all seasoning ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Use your hands to make meatballs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with vegetable oil. Arrange the meatballs on the tray and bake (covered with foil) at 200C for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Arrange the meatballs over the cooked spaghetti.
- To prepare the Cauliflower Alfredo sauce, blend the steamed cauliflower with milk and cream cheese in a food processor.
- Stir in hot chicken broth, mozzarella, soy sauce, salt and oregano. Mix until well- combined. Serve the sauce over the meatballs and spaghetti.
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best...this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so...
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]