Chicken Meatballs & Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti
By Reeham Shaker • March 3, 2016
It is a rich meal full of hidden veggies! The meatballs on their own could be used in kids lunchboxes to take to school or as a snack in between the meals. This meal is easy to prepare and takes around 30 minutes to have it ready.
Recipe uploaded by Reeham Shaker.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast (minced) - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 cup zucchini (grated and dried well with kitchen towel) - كوسة
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (red and yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced) - بقدونس
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 pack pasta (cooked spaghetti) - معكرونة
- For the sauce:
- 2 cup cauliflower (steamed) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- To prepare the meatballs, mix chicken with zucchini, parsley and bell pepper. Add the all seasoning ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Use your hands to make meatballs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with vegetable oil. Arrange the meatballs on the tray and bake (covered with foil) at 200C for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Arrange the meatballs over the cooked spaghetti.
- To prepare the Cauliflower Alfredo sauce, blend the steamed cauliflower with milk and cream cheese in a food processor.
- Stir in hot chicken broth, mozzarella, soy sauce, salt and oregano. Mix until well- combined. Serve the sauce over the meatballs and spaghetti.
Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare....
Easter Herring (Renga) Salad
My mum always makes this salad on Easter morning. It is yummy and makes eating traditional 'renga'...
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]