Chicken Meatballs & Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti
By Reeham Shaker • March 3, 2016
It is a rich meal full of hidden veggies! The meatballs on their own could be used in kids lunchboxes to take to school or as a snack in between the meals. This meal is easy to prepare and takes around 30 minutes to have it ready.
Recipe uploaded by Reeham Shaker.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast (minced) - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 cup zucchini (grated and dried well with kitchen towel) - كوسة
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (red and yellow) - فلفل ملون
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced) - بقدونس
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 pack pasta (cooked spaghetti) - معكرونة
- For the Sauce:
- 2 cup cauliflower (steamed) - قرنبيط
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- To prepare the meatballs, mix chicken with zucchini, parsley and bell pepper. Add the all seasoning ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Use your hands to make meatballs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with vegetable oil. Arrange the meatballs on the tray and bake (covered with foil) at 200C for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Arrange the meatballs over the cooked spaghetti.
- To prepare the Cauliflower Alfredo sauce, blend the steamed cauliflower with milk and cream cheese in a food processor.
- Stir in hot chicken broth, mozzarella, soy sauce, salt and oregano. Mix until well- combined. Serve the sauce over the meatballs and spaghetti.
This is the lentil recipe that all your friends will want! My mom learned it from a friend, and...
Lemony Okra with Garlic & Coriander
This is one of my very favorite home recipes! Unlike the traditional okra cooked with tomato sauce,...
Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini! It can also be a big hit in a small gathering. I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during the winter season. It is not the lightest meal, but it is hearty and delicious. The cheese sauce is made out of a relatively thinner béchamel sauce where the cheese thickens the consistency making it just […]