Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 19, 2016
This chicken livers recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a main dish for lunch or dinner or as part of a lavish weekend brunch for family or friends.
The smoothness of the livers combined with the pomegranate sweetness will remind you of your favorite Lebanese restaurant. Roll up your sleeves, toast your Baladi or Shami bread and make sure to dig in with all your heart!
- 1 kg chicken livers (large cuts) - كبد الدجاج
- 1 tablespoon ghee (OR 2 tablespoons olive oil) - سمن بلدي
- 1 onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة
- 1 green peppers (thinly sliced) - فلفل أخضر
- vinegar (for washing livers) - خل
- salt (for washing livers) - ملح
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 3-4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (good quality) - دبس رمان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash chicken livers well with salted water and vinegar. Drain well.
- In a medium pan, melt ghee or heat olive oil and fry chicken livers on all sides until browned (about 3 minutes). Make sure the oil is hot, in order to prevent the liver from releasing its water (which doesn't allow it to fry). If it does release water, try to discard it.
- Add thinly sliced onions and colored peppers and sauté for about 10 minutes. When sauteed, stir in crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Then add pomegranate molasses and leave it to cook for 10 more minutes to thicken. Serve warm. You can serve it on a bed of seasoned yoghurt.
Classic Egyptian Bessara
الوصفه بالعربي A hearty authentic Egyptian dish to be proud of! It will take you to...
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups