Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
By shahdan • March 18, 2016
On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets, just because the fillets are easy to handle, and cook quickest. The only problem is how dry they usually end up. This recipe (or rather method), will guarantee juicy and tender grilled chicken breast fillets every time, because the chicken cooks evenly and quickly without losing any of its juices.
You don’t need to stick to the seasoning ingredients in this recipe. Just experiment with your favourite herbs and spices!
Try serving this light and moist chicken with CairoCooking’s Easy No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Béchamel.
- 4 medium chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small lime (optional) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Spread a large piece of parchment paper on the kitchen table. Arrange the chicken fillets on one half of the paper, and season with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fold the second half of the parchment paper over the chicken. Use a rolling pin or a meat mallet (or even a pan) to bash the chicken until the thicker part flattens and the whole breast is less than 1 cm thick. (You can wrap the chicken in the parchment paper and leave to marinate in the fridge until cooking time, or proceed with cooking immediately).
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a griddle or frying pan and cook the chicken for a few minutes on both sides until golden and cooked through. You may squeeze a little lime juice over the chicken for an extra kick. Serve immediately.
Cozy Cauliflower Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn't...
Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs in Mexican Chili Con Carne
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe won the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Find out more. As...
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.