Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
By shahdan • March 18, 2016
On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets, just because the fillets are easy to handle, and cook quickest. The only problem is how dry they usually end up. This recipe (or rather method), will guarantee juicy and tender grilled chicken breast fillets every time, because the chicken cooks evenly and quickly without losing any of its juices.
You don’t need to stick to the seasoning ingredients in this recipe. Just experiment with your favourite herbs and spices!
Try serving this light and moist chicken with CairoCooking’s Easy No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Béchamel.
- 4 medium chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small lime (optional) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Spread a large piece of parchment paper on the kitchen table. Arrange the chicken fillets on one half of the paper, and season with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fold the second half of the parchment paper over the chicken. Use a rolling pin or a meat mallet (or even a pan) to bash the chicken until the thicker part flattens and the whole breast is less than 1 cm thick. (You can wrap the chicken in the parchment paper and leave to marinate in the fridge until cooking time, or proceed with cooking immediately).
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a griddle or frying pan and cook the chicken for a few minutes on both sides until golden and cooked through. You may squeeze a little lime juice over the chicken for an extra kick. Serve immediately.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie's 30 minutes...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]