Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
By shahdan • March 18, 2016
On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets, just because the fillets are easy to handle, and cook quickest. The only problem is how dry they usually end up. This recipe (or rather method), will guarantee juicy and tender grilled chicken breast fillets every time, because the chicken cooks evenly and quickly without losing any of its juices.
You don’t need to stick to the seasoning ingredients in this recipe. Just experiment with your favourite herbs and spices!
Try serving this light and moist chicken with CairoCooking’s Easy No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Béchamel.
- 4 medium chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small lime (optional) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Spread a large piece of parchment paper on the kitchen table. Arrange the chicken fillets on one half of the paper, and season with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fold the second half of the parchment paper over the chicken. Use a rolling pin or a meat mallet (or even a pan) to bash the chicken until the thicker part flattens and the whole breast is less than 1 cm thick. (You can wrap the chicken in the parchment paper and leave to marinate in the fridge until cooking time, or proceed with cooking immediately).
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a griddle or frying pan and cook the chicken for a few minutes on both sides until golden and cooked through. You may squeeze a little lime juice over the chicken for an extra kick. Serve immediately.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]