Chicken Avocado Sandwich
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Whether it’s your child’s packed lunch or your own, make sure it’s healthy and wholesome! It is always great to turn homemade leftover chicken into delicious school sandwiches… Avocado is a creamy nutritious substitute for mayonnaise, while fresh green spinach is a great substitute for lettuce!
- chicken (cooked leftover chicken) - دجاج
- 1 avocado (pitted and peeled) - أفوكادو
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 4 piece brown toast (or your favourite bread) - توست أسمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 pieces of toast with the avocado paste. Add spinach leaves and slices of chicken, then top each with the second slice of toast.
- Wrap in cling film or foil and keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks....
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]