Chicken Avocado Sandwich
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Whether it’s your child’s packed lunch or your own, make sure it’s healthy and wholesome! It is always great to turn homemade leftover chicken into delicious school sandwiches… Avocado is a creamy nutritious substitute for mayonnaise, while fresh green spinach is a great substitute for lettuce!
- chicken (cooked leftover chicken) - دجاج
- 1 avocado (pitted and peeled) - أفوكادو
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 4 piece brown toast (or your favourite bread) - توست أسمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 pieces of toast with the avocado paste. Add spinach leaves and slices of chicken, then top each with the second slice of toast.
- Wrap in cling film or foil and keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Banana Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties
The Banana Honey-based Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties are an incredibly nutritious yet sweet...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]