Chicken Avocado Sandwich
By shahdan • July 24, 2015
Whether it’s your child’s packed lunch or your own, make sure it’s healthy and wholesome! It is always great to turn homemade leftover chicken into delicious school sandwiches… Avocado is a creamy nutritious substitute for mayonnaise, while fresh green spinach is a great substitute for lettuce!
- chicken (cooked leftover chicken) - دجاج
- 1 avocado (pitted and peeled) - أفوكادو
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 handful spinach - سبانخ
- 4 piece brown toast (or your favourite bread) - توست أسمر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 pieces of toast with the avocado paste. Add spinach leaves and slices of chicken, then top each with the second slice of toast.
- Wrap in cling film or foil and keep refrigerated till the next morning.
Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya... Recipe by...
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
From 12 months. The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.