Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
By yasmine • December 18, 2015
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a nutty twist. You can have it completely sweet or add some sea salt on the toffee before you place it in the oven. A must try! It also makes a great gift to friends.
- 200 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 1/2 cup almonds - لوز
- sea salt (OPTIONAL - to taste) - ملح البحر
- 100 gram Graham Crackers OR any hard thin biscuit (about 15 squares)
- pinch salt - ملح
Step by step
- Place biscuits in a medium depth rectangular or square baking tray or a Pyrex (20x40cm). The biscuits should form one layer.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter then add sugar on low/medium heat. Stir occasionally to make sure the sugar dissolves. As it comes to a boil, the color will change into a deep brown. The toffee should be done in a total of about 15 minutes. If you have a thermometer, it should read 140C.
- Add almonds in the last two minutes of cooking the toffee. Once the toffee mix is ready, pour it over the biscuits to form an even layer. If you like your toffee salted, this is when you sprinkle some sea salt on top.
- Place the toffee biscuits in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes to bake together. As you take it out of the oven, make sure you let it cool before touching the hot content.
- You do not need to cut into the toffee to serve. The toffee-topped biscuits can be pulled apart by hand (might need a little help from a knife). Serve it warm or keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes,...
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.