Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
By Omar Maged • February 16, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
An easy flavorful creamy dish that can be matched with rice, pasta, potatoes or veggies.
- 600 gram beef fillet - فيليه كندوز
- 300 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 300 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 100 ml broth (about half cup) - مرقة
- 30 gram butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 teaspoon Italian herbs - بهارات ايطالية
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 4 tablespoon mozzarella cheese - جبن موتزاريلا
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 220C. Marinate steaks with salt, paprika and Italian herbs seasoning. Let it marinate for one hour at least.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a frying pan. Fry steaks for 1 minute on each side.
- Move the steaks to an oven friendly pan along with all the juices for 20-25 mins (to cook it well-done).
- Meanwhile, melt the rest of the butter and add sliced mushrooms for 5-10 mins. Then stir in minced onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and broth. As soon as the sauce starts boiling, lower heat and let it simmer to thicken.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and top them with grated cheese (evenly distributed). Put it back in the oven for an extra 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with basmati rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for...
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity....
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]