Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
By Omar Maged • February 16, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
An easy flavorful creamy dish that can be matched with rice, pasta, potatoes or veggies.
- 600 gram beef fillet - فيليه كندوز
- 300 gram mushrooms (sliced) - عش الغراب
- 300 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 100 ml broth (about half cup) - مرقة
- 30 gram butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 teaspoon Italian herbs - بهارات ايطالية
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 4 tablespoon mozzarella cheese - جبن موتزاريلا
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 220C. Marinate steaks with salt, paprika and Italian herbs seasoning. Let it marinate for one hour at least.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a frying pan. Fry steaks for 1 minute on each side.
- Move the steaks to an oven friendly pan along with all the juices for 20-25 mins (to cook it well-done).
- Meanwhile, melt the rest of the butter and add sliced mushrooms for 5-10 mins. Then stir in minced onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and broth. As soon as the sauce starts boiling, lower heat and let it simmer to thicken.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and top them with grated cheese (evenly distributed). Put it back in the oven for an extra 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with basmati rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
الوصفه بالعربي The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare...
Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don't even...
The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
It's time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]