Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2 medium onions (chopped) - بصل
- 5 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 6 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 pinch black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds (optional) - بذور الكتان
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 sprig cilantro (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat. Continue and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Use a blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, flaxseeds and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Oriental Mezza: Lupini & Chickpeas
A typical Egyptian mezza platter that is healthy, nutritious and filling. This platter is so easy...
Farmer’s Brunch Omelet
Last time I was visiting Germany, I ate this amazing Bauernkartoffeleier – an omelet specialty of...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.