Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 onions (diced) - بصل
- 5 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 5 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened. Add minced garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat and let them cook for a couple of minutes before adding hot water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until carrots are cooked through.
- Use a blender or handheld mixer to puree until smooth. When you are
- When you are ready to serve, add lime juice and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast...
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]