Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2 medium onions (chopped) - بصل
- 5 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 6 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 pinch black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds (optional) - بذور الكتان
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 sprig cilantro (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat. Continue and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Use a blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, flaxseeds and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
The egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!