Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 onions (diced) - بصل
- 5 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 6 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat. Continue and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Use a blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, flaxseeds and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic Pineapple Quinoa...
Crunchy Asian Salad
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian...
Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]