Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 onions (diced) - بصل
- 5 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 5 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened. Add minced garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat and let them cook for a couple of minutes before adding hot water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until carrots are cooked through.
- Use a blender or handheld mixer to puree until smooth. When you are
- When you are ready to serve, add lime juice and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
If you find yourself cooking rice daily, you may want to try cooking freekeh instead. It is...
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]