Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2 medium onions (chopped) - بصل
- 5 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 6 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 pinch black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds (optional) - بذور الكتان
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 sprig cilantro (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat. Continue and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Use a blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, flaxseeds and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Artichoke & Lentil Salad
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat...
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.