Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Add a fragrant twist to this all time classic…
- 1/2 cup rice (Egyptian rice) - أرز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 1 liter milk - لبن
- 6 tablespoon sugar (or to taste) - سكر
- 3 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 2 large orange (use zest only) - برتقالة
- 4 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Discard the water and add 4 cups of room temperature water to the rice and cook on medium heat. When it boils lower the heat and leave to simmer until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 1/4 cup milk and set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk with the orange zest, cardamom pods (after you crack them open), and add the sugar. Stir the mix and make sure the sugar is dissolved. As the milk simmers it will be infused with the lovely orange cardamom aroma.
- When the rice is cooked, use a sieve to strain the aromatic milk into the rice. Add the milk with the dissolved corn flour and keep stirring on a medium heat until you achieve the required consistency. (If you don't stir, the rice will stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.)
- Pour the pudding in your favourite bowls, leave to cool, then garnish with extra orange zest and pop in the fridge.
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic Pineapple Quinoa...
الوصفة بالعربي A fun and tasty dessert Recipe uploaded by Dina...
Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
It's nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]