Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
By shahdan • May 24, 2015
Add a fragrant twist to this all time classic…
- 1/2 cup rice (Egyptian rice) - أرز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 1 liter milk - لبن
- 6 tablespoon sugar (or to taste) - سكر
- 3 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 2 large orange (use zest only) - برتقالة
- 4 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Discard the water and add 4 cups of room temperature water to the rice and cook on medium heat. When it boils lower the heat and leave to simmer until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 1/4 cup milk and set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk with the orange zest, cardamom pods (after you crack them open), and add the sugar. Stir the mix and make sure the sugar is dissolved. As the milk simmers it will be infused with the lovely orange cardamom aroma.
- When the rice is cooked, use a sieve to strain the aromatic milk into the rice. Add the milk with the dissolved corn flour and keep stirring on a medium heat until you achieve the required consistency. (If you don't stir, the rice will stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.)
- Pour the pudding in your favourite bowls, leave to cool, then garnish with extra orange zest and pop in the fridge.
Homemade Warm Cheesecake
A simple recipe for a rich and warm cheesecake for cheesecake lovers. Recipe uploaded by Asmaa...
Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin...
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.