Caramel Cheesecake Topped with Chocolate Shavings
By Alhossna Abdalla • February 19, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Homemade rich cheesecake topped with caramel sauce, grated chocolate and Twix bars.
- 500 gram biscuits - بسكوت
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 100 gram butter - زبدة
- 500 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 450 gram sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 3 whole egg - بيضة
- 1 cup sugar - سكر
- 3 pinch lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 80 ml water (about half cup) - ماء
- 250 gram sugar - سكر
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 120 ml double cream - كريمة لباني
- 25 gram butter - زبدة
- 4 piece chocolate - شوكولاتة
Step by step
- For the crust: Crush biscuits in food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add cinnamon and butter. Process another 10 seconds to combine. Press biscuit crumbs into the base of a lightly greased springform pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Cheese should be at room temperature.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beat slowly until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat and scrape down the sides of the bowl. The batter should be well-mixed but still airy and not over-beaten.
- Spoon mixture over crumb base and level top with a spatula.
- Place a boiling water-filled pan on a bottom rack in the oven, to create enough moisture and prevent the cheesecake top from cracking while baking. Bake cheesecake for 45 minutes.
- The cheesecake should still jiggle in the middle. After 45 min, turn off the oven and slightly open the the door and let the cheesecake cool down in oven for one hour, then let it cool completely on the counter for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours.
- For the caramel sauce and topping: Put a medium, non-stick pan over high heat and pour in water. Carefully add sugar and bring it to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the sugar starts to turn golden brown – you don’t need to stir but you can gently swirl the pan to make sure all the sugar melts.
- Once the sugar has melted and bubbles form all over the surface, remove the pan from heat. Mix the vanilla extract into the double cream and carefully pour it into the hot sugar (be careful to avoid hot splashes). Whisk in the butter.
- Leave the caramel to cool then top the cheesecake with it.
- Grate your favorite chocolate bar and twix bars to decorate.
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for Christmas. It is also a lovely edible gift all year round. It will fill your house with heartwarming spice smells.
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]