Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
By shahdan • October 28, 2018
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something comforting about smashing the boiled unpeeled potatoes before roasting, and brushing them with the butter, garlic and herb mixture.
They crisp up from the outside, while the inside stays soft and creamy, making it a delicious comfort food served on its own (sour cream and chives on the side) or next to your favourite protein and green salad.
- 8 small potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (melted) - زبدة
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 handful parsley (to garnish) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash potatoes and place them unpeeled in a large pot covered with water. Leave to boil on medium heat until soft from inside. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange potatoes on lightly greased baking tray. Using a potato smasher or a fork, press on each potato to flatten making sure each potato still holds its shape as one piece.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with garlic and oregano.
- Generously brush potatoes with the butter mixture. Don't discard any leftover butter.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and bake until golden crisp from outside (10-15 minutes depending on your oven). You may use the grill in the last 2 minutes.
- Arrange on serving plate. Brush with any leftover butter and garnish with fresh parsley.
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]