Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
By shahdan • October 28, 2018
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something comforting about smashing the boiled unpeeled potatoes before roasting, and brushing them with the butter, garlic and herb mixture.
They crisp up from the outside, while the inside stays soft and creamy, making it a delicious comfort food served on its own (sour cream and chives on the side) or next to your favourite protein and green salad.
- 8 small potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (melted) - زبدة
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 handful parsley (to garnish) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash potatoes and place them unpeeled in a large pot covered with water. Leave to boil on medium heat until soft from inside. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange potatoes on lightly greased baking tray. Using a potato smasher or a fork, press on each potato to flatten making sure each potato still holds its shape as one piece.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with garlic and oregano.
- Generously brush potatoes with the butter mixture. Don't discard any leftover butter.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and bake until golden crisp from outside (10-15 minutes depending on your oven). You may use the grill in the last 2 minutes.
- Arrange on serving plate. Brush with any leftover butter and garnish with fresh parsley.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It's a...
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely the perfect dish for special occasions.