Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
By shahdan • October 28, 2018
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something comforting about smashing the boiled unpeeled potatoes before roasting, and brushing them with the butter, garlic and herb mixture.
They crisp up from the outside, while the inside stays soft and creamy, making it a delicious comfort food served on its own (sour cream and chives on the side) or next to your favourite protein and green salad.
- 8 small potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (melted) - زبدة
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 handful parsley (to garnish) - بقدونس
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash potatoes and place them unpeeled in a large pot covered with water. Leave to boil on medium heat until soft from inside. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange potatoes on lightly greased baking tray. Using a potato smasher or a fork, press on each potato to flatten making sure each potato still holds its shape as one piece.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with garlic and oregano.
- Generously brush potatoes with the butter mixture. Don't discard any leftover butter.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and bake until golden crisp from outside (10-15 minutes depending on your oven). You may use the grill in the last 2 minutes.
- Arrange on serving plate. Brush with any leftover butter and garnish with fresh parsley.
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Delicious Breakfast: Millet Porridge with Dates & Blueberries
Millet has replaced oats in my book for some time now. I love the texture of it, it tastes more...
Tasty Zucchini Waffles
This is a perfect way to sneak in some zucchini in your kids' breakfast waffles! And the good...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during the winter season. It is not the lightest meal, but it is hearty and delicious. The cheese sauce is made out of a relatively thinner béchamel sauce where the cheese thickens the consistency making it just […]
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients. Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]