Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
By yasmine • March 26, 2016
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers’ markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring us to prepare some roasted carrots.
This is an easy and quick side dish to any protein you are serving. It is definitely also a crowd pleaser with its buttered sweetness and full flavor.
- 500 gram baby carrots
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped for garnish) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- Wash the baby carrots very well, remove the hard head and keep it unpeeled. If you're using large carrots, cut them into 4 wedges.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add carrots, minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and stir, making sure the butter coats the carrots. Give it 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Put a lid on the pan, and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary for garnish and serve it warm next to your favorite protein dish.
Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don't even...
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients. Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something comforting about smashing the boiled unpeeled potatoes before roasting, and brushing them with the butter, garlic and herb mixture. They crisp up from the outside, while the inside stays soft and creamy, making it a delicious comfort food […]
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]