Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
By yasmine • March 26, 2016
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers’ markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring us to prepare some roasted carrots.
This is an easy and quick side dish to any protein you are serving. It is definitely also a crowd pleaser with its buttered sweetness and full flavor.
- 500 gram baby carrots
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped for garnish) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- Wash the baby carrots very well, remove the hard head and keep it unpeeled. If you're using large carrots, cut them into 4 wedges.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add carrots, minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and stir, making sure the butter coats the carrots. Give it 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Put a lid on the pan, and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary for garnish and serve it warm next to your favorite protein dish.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Crunchy Asian Salad
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]