Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
By yasmine • March 26, 2016
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers’ markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring us to prepare some roasted carrots.
This is an easy and quick side dish to any protein you are serving. It is definitely also a crowd pleaser with its buttered sweetness and full flavor.
- 500 gram baby carrots
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped for garnish) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- Wash the baby carrots very well, remove the hard head and keep it unpeeled. If you're using large carrots, cut them into 4 wedges.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add carrots, minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and stir, making sure the butter coats the carrots. Give it 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Put a lid on the pan, and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary for garnish and serve it warm next to your favorite protein dish.
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit). This dish is […]