Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
By yasmine • March 26, 2016
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers’ markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring us to prepare some roasted carrots.
This is an easy and quick side dish to any protein you are serving. It is definitely also a crowd pleaser with its buttered sweetness and full flavor.
- 500 gram baby carrots
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped for garnish) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- Wash the baby carrots very well, remove the hard head and keep it unpeeled. If you're using large carrots, cut them into 4 wedges.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add carrots, minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and stir, making sure the butter coats the carrots. Give it 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Put a lid on the pan, and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary for garnish and serve it warm next to your favorite protein dish.
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
Triple Cheese & Mint Sambousak
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make of it what you like. We use three cheeses to make...
Easter Herring (Renga) Salad
My mum always makes this salad on Easter morning. It is yummy and makes eating traditional 'renga'...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.