Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
By yasmine • March 26, 2016
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers’ markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring us to prepare some roasted carrots.
This is an easy and quick side dish to any protein you are serving. It is definitely also a crowd pleaser with its buttered sweetness and full flavor.
- 500 gram baby carrots
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped for garnish) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
Step by step
- Wash the baby carrots very well, remove the hard head and keep it unpeeled. If you're using large carrots, cut them into 4 wedges.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add carrots, minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and stir, making sure the butter coats the carrots. Give it 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Put a lid on the pan, and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary for garnish and serve it warm next to your favorite protein dish.
Warm Halva Pudding
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater)...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]