Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
By yasmine • March 20, 2016
From 12 months.
The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide delicious bite size options. At this age they want to be independent and feed themselves with the spoon or their hand, forcing you to get creative with healthy yet tasty nibbles. These carrot bites can be enjoyed warm or cold, are easy to hold in their small fingers and soft to chew.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 3 carrots (use thin carrots) - جزر
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Wash carrots very well and cut them unpeeled into bite sizes. Half centimeter circles would be fun for toddlers.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt butter in a large pan and add minced garlic and carrots. Stir to coat carrot bites. Sprinkle paprika. After butter is totally melted and before garlic browns, remove from heat.
- Cover pan with a lid and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes (until carrot bites are soft). Let it cool before serving it to your toddler.
Caramel Cheesecake Topped with Chocolate Shavings
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Homemade rich...
Light Vegetarian Moussaka
A simple meatless version of our classic Moussaka. The homemade tomato sauce tastes divine with a...
Frozen Banana Cream with Cranberries
Just before your bananas turn black from the heat - peel them, slice them and place them in a...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.