Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
By yasmine • March 20, 2016
From 12 months.
The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide delicious bite size options. At this age they want to be independent and feed themselves with the spoon or their hand, forcing you to get creative with healthy yet tasty nibbles. These carrot bites can be enjoyed warm or cold, are easy to hold in their small fingers and soft to chew.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 3 carrots (use thin carrots) - جزر
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Wash carrots very well and cut them unpeeled into bite sizes. Half centimeter circles would be fun for toddlers.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt butter in a large pan and add minced garlic and carrots. Stir to coat carrot bites. Sprinkle paprika. After butter is totally melted and before garlic browns, remove from heat.
- Cover pan with a lid and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes (until carrot bites are soft). Let it cool before serving it to your toddler.
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a...
Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables,...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.