Broccoli & Basil Soup
By shahdan • May 4, 2018
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium broccoli (1 broccoli head without the thick stem) - بروكلى
- 500 gram zucchini (roughly sliced) - كوسة
- 4 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 10 leaves basil - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot and sauté minced onions until soft but not brown. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add chopped broccoli florets, give it a quick stir then follow with 3 cups of stock and the sliced zucchini. Bring to the boil then lower heat and let it simmer until veggies are soft but not overcooked.
- Add the basil and use a handheld blender to puree the soup or carefully transfer it to a blender.
- Return to pot and add remaining vegetable stock based on preferred soup consistency. If it is still thicker than your liking you may add a little water.
- Adjust salt and pepper, add cream, if using any, and serve hot.
Savoury Qatayef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven! Stuffing our traditional Qatayef with...
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]