By yasmine • April 27, 2021
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup.
This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.
- 16-20 stalks leek (around 4 bunch) - كرات
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4-5 garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2-3 sprig thyme (fresh & leaves only) - زعتر
- 1 cup broth - مرقة
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 50 gram hazelnut (handful) - بندق
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium. Add cut leeks. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add minced garlic and butter. Stir the leeks around to get color on all sides.
- Once leeks are golden, add 1 cup hot broth. Add fresh thyme. Bring it to a boil, then cover and lower heat to allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast hazelnuts in the oven or in pan for 5 minutes. Make sure they are golden on all sides. Use a sharp knife ro roughly chop them into halves or quarters.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove lid and sprinkle chopped parsley and adjust seasoning. Stir one last time then serve hot. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts.
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Homemade Roast Beef Toasties
The key to preparing these healthy kid-friendly lunchbox toasties, is to use a cucumber peeler to...
Dukka is a traditional Egyptian spice mix. It used to be a popular street food, eaten with...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]