Blondies (Golden Brownies)
By Omar • February 18, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Who would have thought that replacing cocoa in a brownie with brown sugar would result into such a delectable delicious transformation. Our version of golden brownies include white chocolate and salted macadamia nuts that gives this sweet the right crunch to help you reach new levels of yummy.
- 113 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 piece egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 130 gram flour - دقيق
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 160 gram brown sugar - سكر بني
- 100 gram white chocolate (roughly chopped) - شوكولاتة بيضاء
- 75 gram macadamia nuts (salted) - مكسرات المكاديميا
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C and place the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 20cm square baking pan.
- Place macadamia on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until brown and fragrant. Remove from oven, let cool, and then chop coarsely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat egg and brown sugar until light and frothy (2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and then melted butter and beat further. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then, on low speed, beat in slowly the flour mixture until incorporated. Fold in the chopped macadamia and chopped white chocolate using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the brownies are dry, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy. Recipe by: Shahira...
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]