Blondies (Golden Brownies)
By Omar • February 18, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Who would have thought that replacing cocoa in a brownie with brown sugar would result into such a delectable delicious transformation. Our version of golden brownies include white chocolate and salted macadamia nuts that gives this sweet the right crunch to help you reach new levels of yummy.
- 113 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 piece egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 130 gram flour - دقيق
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 160 gram brown sugar - سكر بني
- 100 gram white chocolate (roughly chopped) - شوكولاتة بيضاء
- 75 gram macadamia nuts (salted) - مكسرات المكاديميا
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C and place the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 20cm square baking pan.
- Place macadamia on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until brown and fragrant. Remove from oven, let cool, and then chop coarsely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat egg and brown sugar until light and frothy (2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and then melted butter and beat further. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then, on low speed, beat in slowly the flour mixture until incorporated. Fold in the chopped macadamia and chopped white chocolate using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the brownies are dry, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]