Blondies (Golden Brownies)
By Omar • February 18, 2016
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Who would have thought that replacing cocoa in a brownie with brown sugar would result into such a delectable delicious transformation. Our version of golden brownies include white chocolate and salted macadamia nuts that gives this sweet the right crunch to help you reach new levels of yummy.
- 113 gram butter - زبدة
- 1 piece egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 130 gram flour - دقيق
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 160 gram brown sugar - سكر بني
- 100 gram white chocolate (roughly chopped) - شوكولاتة بيضاء
- 75 gram macadamia nuts (salted) - مكسرات المكاديميا
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C and place the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 20cm square baking pan.
- Place macadamia on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until brown and fragrant. Remove from oven, let cool, and then chop coarsely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat egg and brown sugar until light and frothy (2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and then melted butter and beat further. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then, on low speed, beat in slowly the flour mixture until incorporated. Fold in the chopped macadamia and chopped white chocolate using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the brownies are dry, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with...
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
Luscious White Chocolate Lava Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-pan.com This cake...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.