Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
By shahdan • May 18, 2015
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add an unexpectedly beautiful sweet nutty crunch. If you are bored of the same daily salads, this is what you are looking for! And the dressing: super easy balsamic vinaigrette.
You will need cooked beetroots to prepare this salad. In a pot, cover the beetroot with water and leave to boil for around 45 minutes or until the beetroot is soft when you insert a knife. Leave it to cool then peel it, slice it and keep it in a sealed box in your fridge. The rest is fairly easy.
- 1 bunch spinach (baladi or you can use baby spinach) - سبانخ
- 1 bunch rocket - جرجير افرنجى
- 1 large beetroot (cooked and sliced into cubes) - بنجر
- 2 tablespoon almonds (I buy it peeled and halved) - لوز
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- a few piece goat cheese - جبن الماعز
- 1/8 tablespoon olive oil (to prevent the caramlized almonds from sticking) - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1 medium garlic clove crushed - فص ثوم
Step by step
- To prepare the honey glazed almonds: First, brush a plate with a few drops olive oil and put aside. In a pan, add the almonds, and shake the pan on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Next, add 1 tablespoon honey and toss the almonds with the honey. Keep an eye on the pan until the honey reaches a golden light brown colour. Poor the honeyed almonds on the lightly greased plate and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach and rocket leaves, and add the beetroot slices on top.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients together, shake well, and pour over the salad.
- Add sliced goat cheese on top and use your hands to crumble the honeyed almonds and scatter on top.
Arugula Sun-dried Tomato & Parmesan Salad
This salad is so delicious, it always leaves an impression with guests. It is a sophisticated...
Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers' markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring...
Cinnamon & Chili Spiced Hot Chocolate
This is such an intense cup of hot chocolate! With its special spice mix, it has a deep yet...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]