By shahdan • January 19, 2016
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to cook, and the ingredients are quite basic. Tender beef strips are cooked with fresh onions and mushrooms in a rich creamy mustard sauce… Happiness on a plate!
- 750 gram beef fillet (cut into strips) - فيليه كندوز
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 300 gram mushrooms (fresh) - عش الغراب
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 3 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 150 ml sour cream (you may use cooking cream) - قشدة حامضة
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- black pepper (freshly cracked) - فلفل أسود
- salt (to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- Season the beef strips with freshly cracked pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Using a clean wet towel or kitchen tissue, wipe the mushrooms, one by one, to get rid of any dirt. Chop them into slices.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat one tablespoon butter with one tablespoon olive oil. Sautee the onions for 3- 4 minutes until soft. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat without browning the onions. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining butter and oil. Add the beef strips and cook on high heat for a few minutes until the meat is nicely browned. This step is important because this brown colour will enhance the colour and flavour of the sauce.
- Add one quarter to half a cup of water, and use a wooden spoon to scrape the pan and release any brown bits. Add the Dijon mustard and return the mushrooms and onions. Simmer on a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream. Adjust salt and pepper. Add fresh parsley and extra paprika to garnish. Best served with rice but also delicious with pasta!
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Home-Made Teriyaki Sauce
Once you try this recipe, you will never buy ready-made Teriyaki sauce again. It is incredibly easy...
Homemade Fresh Fish Stock
Fish broth is easy and quick to make with ingredients available in your household. It will go into...