Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
By shahdan • May 6, 2016
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare. It’s best served immediately, but you can still prepare it an hour or two in advance, and gently heat before serving.
- 600 gram beef fillet (about 6 pieces) - فيليه كندوز
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed- plus extra to taste) - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup broth (or boiling water) - مرقة
- 150 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped- to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Rub the beef fillets with crushed black peppercorns and a drizzle olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan, then sear the beef for a few minutes on each side until nicely darkened. Don't overcrowd the pan, you can cook the meat over 2 batches. When done, transfer to a plate, and cover.
- Lower the heat, and add water or broth to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to release all the meat residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Let it simmer until slightly reduced then add cream and Dijon mustard and leave to simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the beef fillets into strips, and return beef and all its juices into the pan.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes, adjust salt, add more black peppercorn to taste and serve. You may garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
Duck & Rice Beraam
الوصفة بالعربي Rice “beraam” with meat or poultry is very famous in the Egyptian...
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]