Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
By shahdan • May 6, 2016
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare. It’s best served immediately, but you can still prepare it an hour or two in advance, and gently heat before serving.
- 600 gram beef fillet (about 6 pieces) - فيليه كندوز
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed- plus extra to taste) - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup broth (or boiling water) - مرقة
- 150 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped- to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Rub the beef fillets with crushed black peppercorns and a drizzle olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan, then sear the beef for a few minutes on each side until nicely darkened. Don't overcrowd the pan, you can cook the meat over 2 batches. When done, transfer to a plate, and cover.
- Lower the heat, and add water or broth to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to release all the meat residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Let it simmer until slightly reduced then add cream and Dijon mustard and leave to simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the beef fillets into strips, and return beef and all its juices into the pan.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes, adjust salt, add more black peppercorn to taste and serve. You may garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
Cozy Cauliflower Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn't...
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken livers recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.