Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
By shahdan • May 6, 2016
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare. It’s best served immediately, but you can still prepare it an hour or two in advance, and gently heat before serving.
- 600 gram beef fillet (about 6 pieces) - فيليه كندوز
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed- plus extra to taste) - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup broth (or boiling water) - مرقة
- 150 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped- to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Rub the beef fillets with crushed black peppercorns and a drizzle olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan, then sear the beef for a few minutes on each side until nicely darkened. Don't overcrowd the pan, you can cook the meat over 2 batches. When done, transfer to a plate, and cover.
- Lower the heat, and add water or broth to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to release all the meat residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Let it simmer until slightly reduced then add cream and Dijon mustard and leave to simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the beef fillets into strips, and return beef and all its juices into the pan.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes, adjust salt, add more black peppercorn to taste and serve. You may garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it...
Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
الوصفه بالعربي When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]