Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
By shahdan • May 6, 2016
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare. It’s best served immediately, but you can still prepare it an hour or two in advance, and gently heat before serving.
- 600 gram beef fillet (about 6 pieces) - فيليه كندوز
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed- plus extra to taste) - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup broth (or boiling water) - مرقة
- 150 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped- to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Rub the beef fillets with crushed black peppercorns and a drizzle olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan, then sear the beef for a few minutes on each side until nicely darkened. Don't overcrowd the pan, you can cook the meat over 2 batches. When done, transfer to a plate, and cover.
- Lower the heat, and add water or broth to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to release all the meat residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Let it simmer until slightly reduced then add cream and Dijon mustard and leave to simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the beef fillets into strips, and return beef and all its juices into the pan.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes, adjust salt, add more black peppercorn to taste and serve. You may garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]