Basterma Green Salad
By shahdan • June 2, 2015
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once at a family gathering, and it has been going viral ever since.
- 1/8 kg basterma - بسطرمة
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 large lettuce - خس
- 2 bunch arugula (baladi) - جرجير
- 3 medium tomatoes - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (optional) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a pan, melt the butter and lightly fry the basterma for a minute or two. Take it out on kitchen tissue and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix your greens and add the sliced tomatoes and cheese and set aside.
- To toast the pine nuts, shake them in a dry pan over medium heat until they start turning golden. Set aside.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients and use a garlic crusher to mince the garlic into the dressing. Shake well.
- Assemble your salad right before serving. Dress your greens with some of the dressing, then add the basterma and pine nuts on top and finally pour the rest of the dressing over the salad.
Lemony Okra with Garlic & Coriander
This is one of my very favorite home recipes! Unlike the traditional okra cooked with tomato sauce,...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried...
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]