Basterma Green Salad
By shahdan • June 2, 2015
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once at a family gathering, and it has been going viral ever since.
- 1/8 kg basterma - بسطرمة
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 large lettuce - خس
- 2 bunch arugula (baladi) - جرجير
- 3 medium tomatoes - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (optional) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a pan, melt the butter and lightly fry the basterma for a minute or two. Take it out on kitchen tissue and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix your greens and add the sliced tomatoes and cheese and set aside.
- To toast the pine nuts, shake them in a dry pan over medium heat until they start turning golden. Set aside.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients and use a garlic crusher to mince the garlic into the dressing. Shake well.
- Assemble your salad right before serving. Dress your greens with some of the dressing, then add the basterma and pine nuts on top and finally pour the rest of the dressing over the salad.
Kitchari is India's detox meal. The classic recipe is cooked with rice. In this recipe, rice is...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]