Basterma Green Salad
By shahdan • June 2, 2015
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once at a family gathering, and it has been going viral ever since.
- 1/8 kg basterma - بسطرمة
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 large lettuce - خس
- 2 bunch arugula (baladi) - جرجير
- 3 medium tomatoes - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (optional) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a pan, melt the butter and lightly fry the basterma for a minute or two. Take it out on kitchen tissue and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix your greens and add the sliced tomatoes and cheese and set aside.
- To toast the pine nuts, shake them in a dry pan over medium heat until they start turning golden. Set aside.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients and use a garlic crusher to mince the garlic into the dressing. Shake well.
- Assemble your salad right before serving. Dress your greens with some of the dressing, then add the basterma and pine nuts on top and finally pour the rest of the dressing over the salad.
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
Ice Cream Cookie Cups
Whether you're a fan of freezing ice cream on cold winter nights or not, you'll love this...
A sweet and juicy bread base is covered with a thick layer of creamy milk pudding, flavoured with...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.