Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
By mohamed ka7ka • July 16, 2015
Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade that makes sure your barbecued chicken will taste amazing and have your family and friends coming back for more.
From the article ‘Inspiration for the Long-Awaited Summer Barbecue’ with Kahka.
- 2 chicken (halved) - دجاج
- 1 kg onion (shredded) - بصلة
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the marinade well then rub it into the chicken, cover and put in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Prepare the barbecue by lighting the coal on the stove then transferring it tot he grill. Let it burn for up to an hour to make sure the heat is consistent through all the coal.
- Place your marinated chicken bottom down on the grill. Change the chicken every 20 minutes while adding from the leftover marination all over it. Do not add to much from the shredded onion itself cause it might burn with the heat.
- The chicken should have been down towards the coal from all sides. It should be done in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
الوصفة بالعربي This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the...
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]