Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
By mohamed ka7ka • July 16, 2015
Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade that makes sure your barbecued chicken will taste amazing and have your family and friends coming back for more.
From the article ‘Inspiration for the Long-Awaited Summer Barbecue’ with Kahka.
- 2 chicken (halved) - دجاج
- 1 kg onion (shredded) - بصلة
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix the marinade well then rub it into the chicken, cover and put in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Prepare the barbecue by lighting the coal on the stove then transferring it tot he grill. Let it burn for up to an hour to make sure the heat is consistent through all the coal.
- Place your marinated chicken bottom down on the grill. Change the chicken every 20 minutes while adding from the leftover marination all over it. Do not add to much from the shredded onion itself cause it might burn with the heat.
- The chicken should have been down towards the coal from all sides. It should be done in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]