Banana Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
The Banana Honey-based Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties are an incredibly nutritious yet sweet addition to your kids school lunchbox. They might be a bit messy to eat but definitely will please your kids and their friends. Use honey cream or Hive Creamy Honey with Cinnamon for best ‘nutella’ style chocolate result.
- 4 piece wheat cakes OR Thin Spelt & Flax Seeds Cake - رقائق القمح
- 3 tablespoon honey cream OR NM Honey Cream - كريم العسل
- 4 teaspoon cocoa powder OR NM Raw Cocoa Powder for Cooking - بودرة كاكاو
- 2 small banana - موز
Step by step
- Mix the honey cream with cocoa powder and place it in the fridge for 15 minutes. You can also prepare this in large batches in advance and leave it in the fridge for weeks.
- In the meantime, slice the bananas.
- Spread half the cocoa cream on one of the wheat cakes then organize banana slices on top then place another wheat cakes slice on top.
It's healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It's good to keep at home for...
Baked Sweet Potato Fish Pie
From 9 months. My kids started eating fish at 8 and 9 months but every doctor has a different...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.