Banana & Coconut Bread
By Hend Wahsh • November 24, 2015
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most delicious way to start the day!
Recipe uploaded by Hend Wahsh.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 3 whole eggs - بيض
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds - بذور الكتان
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 110 ml yoghurt (1 cup) - زبادي
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 3 large bananas - موز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23x12cm loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut oil and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla, and whisk further.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) and sprinkle over the wet ingredients mixing gently until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas then add coconut flakes.
- Add the banana coconut mix to the main dough followed by yogurt, flax seeds & chia seeds (both grounded). Mix well.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with more shredded coconut
- Bake at 180C for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If after 25 minutes the coconut gets too toasty, cover the loaf with foil for the rest of the baking time.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking's Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this...
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]