Banana & Coconut Bread
By Hend Wahsh • November 24, 2015
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most delicious way to start the day!
Recipe uploaded by Hend Wahsh.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 3 whole eggs - بيض
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds - بذور الكتان
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 110 ml yoghurt (1 cup) - زبادي
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 3 large bananas - موز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23x12cm loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut oil and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla, and whisk further.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) and sprinkle over the wet ingredients mixing gently until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas then add coconut flakes.
- Add the banana coconut mix to the main dough followed by yogurt, flax seeds & chia seeds (both grounded). Mix well.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with more shredded coconut
- Bake at 180C for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If after 25 minutes the coconut gets too toasty, cover the loaf with foil for the rest of the baking time.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and...
Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce
As impressive as it looks, the Beef Strips in Black Peppercorn Sauce is quite easy to prepare....
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]